We’re looking for a passionate, hands-on developer advocate to join our Developer Relations team to educate, empower and enable developers in container security.
The Developer Relations team collaborates closely with developers to raise awareness around the importance of security in the application lifecycle, educating them through content, engineering, presentations, videos, etc. about application security and pragmatic best practices they can use.
As a Container Developer Advocate at Snyk:
You know how to apply good security practices to a container-based application, throughout the software development lifecycle. You’ll use that knowledge to help developers in the community learn more about application security and level up their application security practices.
You’ll spend your time:
- increasing awareness around the Snyk platform
- educating open-source users and communities about the importance of DevSecOps
- producing great multimedia security content in a variety of different media : blog posts, videos, podcasts, cheat-sheets
- being the public face of Snyk at conferences, community meetups and customer events
- working closely together with our partners, customers, the development, product and marketing teams, and of course the broader developer communities.
We work in geographically distributed teams, generally split evenly between London and Tel Aviv. We use Slack & Zoom to keep in contact with one another, and you’ll travel around twice a year to spend time with colleagues who aren’t co-located with you.
You should apply if you:
- have previous development or DevOps experience in delivering a container-based application
- you’re passionate about the best practices of building security into application pipelines and are keen to share these with other developers and DevOps teams
- pride yourself on the quality and accessibility of your writing and teaching
- are comfortable preparing and presenting technical talks
- are at your best when immersed around developers and their communities
- care about both container security and open-source software, and are excited about learning how to live-hack demo repos!
- hands-on, curious and love to learn as well as educate
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have strong application security experience, or have worked with security engineers, including security leads.
- have had previous formal experience in developer advocacy
You will spend around a quarter of your time travelling, so will need to hold a valid passport at all times.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk's mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users. Our service enables developers and security teams to continuously find and fix open source security vulnerabilities without slowing down, seamlessly integrating into Dev & DevOps workflows. We are committed to ensuring you stay safe while working freely with the open-source libraries you love.
We have more than 300,000 developers using Snyk globally with great enterprise customers on board (including Google, Netflix and New Relic ). We also recently raised $22m from top VC firms (including Accel and Google Ventures) - we’re experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us!