We’re looking for an experienced Director of Engineering to join our Enterprise engineering group and lead product-driven engineering teams, to encourage a successful business impact for our Enterprise customers.
Our Enterprise engineering group is focused on the Enterprise CISO persona, making sure our customers make the most out of Snyk to serve their business needs. Some of the challenges the group will handle in 2020 include:
- Pushing our multi-tenancy scale to successfully onboard large enterprises onto our SaaS offering, at a constantly growing rate.
- Solving complex data engineering challenges to provide actionable information to CISOs based on the way their developers interact with Snyk and build secure applications.
- Driving adoption of our key features on a larger scale for free-tier users as well as enterprise customers, making Snyk more competitive in the market.
- Working with internal business partners to streamline our billing and other back-office processes to fit the needs of a successful SaaS company.
In 2019, the teams on this group have successfully met the 10x scale growth we saw this year, matured our API model, reduced the costs of our reporting feature by more than 50%, and driven a significant uptake in free user adoption and engagement of our service.
As an experienced engineering manager, you know how to create the right org to successfully build a product. You’ll use that knowledge to hire and lead engineering teams to successful delivery. Here at Snyk, you’ll lead a group of teams focused on Snyk's Enterprise product development and delivery.
The group consists of 3 teams and 11 engineers right now, and will be doubling in size throughout 2020. Each team focuses on sprint-long iterations on the main business goals driving its product, and each has a wide set of technical competencies, enabling the teams’ independence alongside their product roadmap.
Your leadership style aspires towards servant leadership. You will enable the Team Leads by mentoring them in their managerial position. You will support the team members by focusing on their well-being and professional growth. You will guide the teams to deliver high quality, impactful products. You will report to the VP of Engineering.
You’ll spend your time:
- planning quarterly delivery plans with the Director of Product for your group
- supporting your Team Leads in execution of this plan at sprint level
- planning and executing hiring for your teams, reviewing cycles, compensation, and promotions
- leading your Team Leads and Staff Engineers in their delivery of needed technological advances to support your group’s success
- measuring and improving success metrics on your teams regarding quality, performance, predictability, and hiring
- aligning business priorities with Sales & Customer Success to maximise the impact of your group on the business success of the company
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel
You should apply if:
- you are motivated by guiding and supporting the success of people around you
- you have 4+ years of second-line management experience
- you have 6+ years of experience delivering SaaS applications
- you have experience leading cross-functional delivery teams
- you have an experienced approach to management of software development
- you have excellent communication skills and are capable of using your own initiative
- you are fluent in English
We’d especially love to hear from you if:
- you have experience building enterprise-grade SaaS applications
- you are familiar with delivery of OnPrem solutions
- you have an ‘open source’ mindset
- you have an interest in security and dev tools
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, and including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $70 Million, announced September 10, 2019, from investors such as Accel, GV and Boldstart, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.