We're looking for a Technical Operations Specialist to join our IT team, providing technical support across all offices, facilitating internal usage of tools and systems, and designing policies or cross-functional IT initiatives that help enable Snyk to scale globally
The IT team collaborates with all of Snyk’s departments to support the evaluation, implementation and operation of technologies across the different departments.
You are experienced with existing technologies, and comfortable with new ones. You are a problem solver with excellent execution and communication skills. As the first Tech Operations specialist joining the company, you will use this experience to define the systems and policies that will help Snyk in its rapid growth.
You’ll spend your time:
- Understanding our current technology stack and its usage across the company, as well as current gaps and requirements for future tools and systems
- Collaborating with management to understand the desired processes and workflows we need to automate and support technically
- Defining the company standards for hardware (Laptops, printers, accessories etc.) and implementing a hardware refresh program for employees
- Managing the hardware inventory for employee and office devices
- Identifying and prioritising organisational opportunities for automation, software adoption, consolidation and cost reduction
- Managing software subscriptions, license utilisation and renewals
- Supporting budget planning for software and hardware spending based on growth plans and future company needs
- Implementing an internal technical support process with a data driven approach and a focus on user satisfaction
- Implementing a data backup policy
- Defining policies and procedures and making recommendations for operational best practices
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organisational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You should apply if you:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in IT
- Have strong technical skills and experience managing a large portfolio of business applications
- Are a clear and proactive communicator, both verbally and in writing Have strong verbal and written communication skills,
- Are user-focussed and enjoy building effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Are able to adapt in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to manage competing priorities and multi-task
- Have a pragmatic approach to problem solving with good attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience with RPA concepts and tools
- Have coding experience and experience with the use of APIs to automate processes and integrate systems
- Have experience with Business Operations systems such as Salesforce, Netsuite, Zuora etc.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, and including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional $70 Million, announced September 10, 2019, from investors such as Accel, GV and Boldstart, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
We believe open source software is a force for good, and we’re building Snyk to make it easier for developers who aren’t security experts to stay secure.