Please note: This position is not currently open to remote applications. Unfortunately, we're only able to employ people who already have the right to work in the location they're applying for, and won't be able to consider other applications.
Snyk's mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure. Our service enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find and fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, seamlessly integrating into Dev & DevOps workflows. The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern - and we are committed to making it more secure.
We have more than 300,000 developers using Snyk globally with great enterprise customers on board (including Google, Netflix and New Relic ). We also recently raised $102M from top VC firms (including Accel and Google Ventures) - we’re experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us!
You will be working on Snyk’s data team which provides data-driven solutions to multiple stakeholders including our engineering, security, and product management teams. Now we are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join us!
You will get access to the richest data sets in the world about code and vulnerabilities, use cutting edge technology, and have the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. You will research, guide and implement our statistical methodology, and invent measures to understand the data and build systems that extract insights from it. Your work will impact hundreds of top clients and the millions of people the security of their products affects.
You will spend your time:
- Applying your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and statistics to see beyond the numbers and understand how to effectively direct products to better serve clients
- Developing and implementing our statistical methodology and building models for vulnerability detection, quality estimation, pattern matching, prediction and inference across multiple metrics and dimensions
- Partnering with product teams to develop methodologies, tools and systems that will increase their success
- Informing, influencing, supporting, and executing research projects used throughout Snyk to drive product decisions
- Inventing and building software systems that utilize state-of-the-art algorithms from AI and ML to solve the hardest problems facing our products
You should apply if:
- You have a passion for research in algorithms, modeling, machine learning, exploratory data analysis, and quantitative analysis of code, software dependency networks and similar technical domains
- You have a strong background in computer science, math, statistics, or a related technical field
- You have experience working with statistical modeling, and experience building software
- You are focused on learning and getting results
- You have demonstrated success in using your analytical skills to drive the understanding of a product and an entire market
- You have a BSc. in a quantitative topic such as Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Computational Social Science or another technical field.
- You’re interested in OS and security
- You’re a team player and you have the ability to interact with multiple peers in the company
- You are experienced in Python or R
- You are experienced in SQL
- You have 2+ years working experience in training and evaluating machine learning models for regression, classification and clustering problems.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Natural Language Processing
- Experience in deep-learning for text mining / source-code analysis
- Experience in Abstract Syntax Tree parsing
- Experience in cloud databases and technologies (Google BigQuery)
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech.
Our team numbers is currently ~180 amazing people in our offices in Tel Aviv, London and Boston.