We’re looking for a talented, thoughtful software developer to join our security team to work on our ML-enhanced vulnerability pipeline and management tools so that we can surface, verify, and publish vulnerabilities quickly.
The security team works to develop novel, effective methods to sift through likely vulnerabilities in open source which haven’t yet been discovered, verified, or disclosed. Through pulling them into our data pipeline, the team makes it as simple as possible for our security analysts and researchers to focus on validating them and adding them to our database.
Here at Snyk, you’ll help us expand the reach of our vulnerability pipeline, and contribute to the building of our critical infrastructure that supports our analyst team to verify and publish all the vulnerabilities you find.
You’ll spend your time:
- developing algorithms to automatically find previously undisclosed vulnerabilities
- implementing algorithms into our data-intensive pipeline system
- modelling the data in our database and displaying it in our management system
- enhancing both systems to help our analyst team work more efficiently
- engineering both systems to scale (this is an ongoing effort, as the scale is constantly increasing)
- building the infrastructure needed to support our security researchers
- working collaboratively with analysts to tackle issues with vulnerabilities
We are distributed across four offices in London, Tel Aviv, Boston and Ottawa, with 10% of the company working fully-remote. We’ve made an organizational commitment to building a strong, effective, distributed company: we form teams across multiple offices wherever possible, and we invest in communication so that we can benefit from each others’ perspectives. As well as an always-on webcam so we can see what’s happening in each office, we make heavy use of video calls, Slack, and some inter-office travel.
You should apply if you:
- are interested in machine learning and using Python
- have recreated large scraping frameworks from design to implementation
- care about iterative improvement
- think really understanding a task is 80% of the success of a project
- appreciate being part of a diverse team
- communicate proactively and speak English to a good standard
- really enjoy solving problems, and love learning new things
- are interested in security or open source software, and you believe in our mission
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk’s mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure.
The use of open source is booming, but security is a key concern (https://snyk.io/stateofossecurity/). Snyk’s unique product enables developers and enterprise security teams to continuously find & fix vulnerable dependencies without slowing down, offering seamless integration into Dev, DevOps and DevSecOps workflows. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users.
We are experiencing rapid growth - and we want you to join us! By the end of Q3 2019 alone, Snyk was already adopted by over 450,000 developers, and including multiple enterprise customers (such as Google, New Relic, ASOS and others). We also raised an additional 70m, announced September 10, 2019, from investors such as Accel, GV and Boldstart, demonstrating that they are as excited as we are by Snyk’s progress and potential.
What does our interview process look like?
We start by having a video call to get to know you. We’ll tell you more about us, what we’re up to on our different teams, and why our culture is so great! We also want to hear about you, your skills and experience, and why you are interested in exploring Snyk.
Next up we’ll send you a coding exercise. Ideally, you will get it back to us within a week and we can take a look at your work.
From there we’ll have an onsite interview where you will get to visit our office, meet a few different members of the team, do some pairing and extension work on your coding exercise, and find out everything you need to know about the way we work.