We are looking for an experienced, capable team lead to join one of our engineering teams and help us build our core product.
You’ll be joining the Enterprise scale team, building functionality for our largest customers, and ensuring that our product is performant and easy to use at scale. You know how to empower and motivate your team members, facilitate discussion to improve the outcome of features, and measure complexity in order to predictably deliver high value solutions.
We work with Agile software development methodology on our engineering teams; additionally, every team is distributed between Tel Aviv and London. Every so often (around 2-3 months) you will also be working with developers from other teams as part of a shared weekly on-call rotation, keeping our production system healthy and gaining a better understanding of our customer needs; you will work with two or three other developers at a time.
You’ll spend your time:
- coding for approximately 40% of your time
- mentoring and enabling team members by coaching them and providing them with regular feedback
- keeping track of the team's delivery quality, and the team’s technical and process debt
- hiring for positions on the team
- keeping track of the team's progress against the sprint plan and rally the team to resolve unforeseen circumstances
- communicating proactively and setting realistic expectations inside and outside the team
- helping out with customer support, guided by our customer success managers
We work in geographically distributed teams, generally split evenly between London and Tel Aviv. We use Slack & Zoom to keep in contact with one another, and you’ll travel around twice a year to spend time with colleagues who aren’t co-located with you.
You should apply if you have:
- at least 4 years of experience leading engineering teams
- at least 6 years of experience delivering SaaS web applications
- experience working as part of cross-functional delivery teams
- believe testing and code quality are important, and prioritize useful code review
- full command of Git, GitHub and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)-based workflows
- excellent communication skills and self-initiative
- fluent English
- experience working with a remote distributed team
You’ll blow our socks off if you have:
- familiarity with microservice architectures
- experience with Docker and Kubernetes environments
- Interest in security and developer tools and open source
By the way, don’t worry if you don’t have these superhero skills. We’ll give you all the training you’ll need to fill any gaps.
More about our developers’ skills
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)
Snyk's mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users. Our service enables developers and security teams to continuously find and fix open source security vulnerabilities without slowing down, seamlessly integrating into Dev & DevOps workflows. We are committed to ensuring you stay safe while working freely with the open-source libraries you love.
We have more than 300,000 developers using Snyk globally with great enterprise customers on board (including Google, Netflix and New Relic ). We also recently raised $70m from top VC firms (including Accel and Google Ventures) - we’re experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us!