We are looking for a curious, capable developer to join one of our engineering teams and help us build our core product.
Here at Snyk we iterate quite fast with a completely continuous deployment pipeline. We believe that done is better than perfect. With our product requirements at hand, together with your feature team you will take part in creating and executing impactful solutions by combining these requirements with our system’s architecture.
We work with Agile software development methodology on our engineering teams; additionally, every team is distributed between Tel Aviv and London. Most of the time you will be coding. Every so often (around 2-3 months) you will also be working with developers from other teams as part of a shared weekly on-call rotation, keeping our production system healthy and gaining a better understanding of our customer needs; you will work with two or three other developers at a time.
You’ll spend your time:
- Owning the development process of specific features in our SaaS offering
- Engaging in problem analysis and collaborating with the product team to create feature plans that outline implementation details
- Coding and building features on ad-hoc, cross-functional feature teams
- Working in a full CI/CD environment, at a sustainable pace in two-week sprints
- Taking part in maintaining and supporting our service
You should apply if you:
- have experience delivering at least one SaaS web application
- believe testing and code quality are important, and prioritize useful code review
- like to move quickly and iteratively, and believe that shipping early is best
- are comfortable with Git, GitHub and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows
- are proactive, and enjoy working on cross-functional delivery teams
- like to start new things, see them through to production, and learn from your mistakes
- are interested in security, developer tooling, and open source
More about our developers’ skills and what our teams do
While we are looking for candidates with existing experience with our tech stack we believe curiosity, communication, and the ability to learn are most important.
At the moment the following teams are looking for software developers:
Our Languages team is responsible for introducing support for new languages, build tools, and package managers to help Snyk users test and fix their projects. The team’s number one challenge is improving performance for users with a huge amount of dependencies (some may have up to 100,000!). They do this through experimenting with different data structures and algorithms, and introducing architectural changes to existing models to support new tools. On this team, developers work incredibly collaboratively with each other, and are open to unfamiliar tools and learning something new everyday.
Enterprise Governance provides high-level insights and tools for our customers’ senior stakeholders (CSOs). There are many ways Enterprise Governance helps CSOs do this, including helping them define policies and enabling them to check, at a glance, how their security vulnerabilities are reducing over time. Tackling problems such as keeping reporting fast whilst also handling millions of rows of analytics data a day, Enterprise Governance is looking for developers who have worked with large datasets, and those who have experience working with a number of different database technologies, ideally BigQuery.
Snyk's mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users. Our service enables developers and security teams to continuously find and fix open source security vulnerabilities without slowing down, seamlessly integrating into Dev & DevOps workflows. We are committed to ensuring you stay safe while working freely with the open-source libraries you love.
We have more than 300,000 developers using Snyk globally with great enterprise customers on board (including Google, Netflix and New Relic). We also recently raised $10m from top VC firms (including Accel and Google Ventures) - we’re experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us!
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)