We are looking for a curious, capable developer to join one of our engineering teams and help us build our core product.
Here at Snyk we iterate quite fast with a completely continuous deployment pipeline. We believe that done is better than perfect. With our product requirements at hand, together with your feature team you will take part in creating and executing impactful solutions by combining these requirements with our system’s architecture.
We work with Agile software development methodology on our engineering teams; additionally, every team is distributed between Tel Aviv and London. Most of the time you will be coding. Every so often (around 2-3 months) you will also be working with developers from other teams as part of a shared weekly on-call rotation, keeping our production system healthy and gaining a better understanding of our customer needs; you will work with two or three other developers at a time.
You’ll spend your time:
- Owning the development process of specific features in our SaaS offering
- Engaging in problem analysis and collaborating with the product team to create feature plans that outline implementation details
- Coding and building features on ad-hoc, cross-functional feature teams
- Working in a full CI/CD environment, at a sustainable pace in two-week sprints
- Taking part in maintaining and supporting our service
You should apply if you:
- have experience delivering at least one SaaS web application
- believe testing and code quality are important, and prioritize useful code review
- like to move quickly and iteratively, and believe that shipping early is best
- are comfortable with Git, GitHub and Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment workflows
- are proactive, and enjoy working on cross-functional delivery teams
- like to start new things, see them through to production, and learn from your mistakes
- are interested in security, developer tooling, and open source
More about our developers’ skills and what our teams do
While we are looking for candidates with existing experience with our tech stack we believe curiosity, communication, and the ability to learn are most important.
Snyk's mission is to help developers use open source code and stay secure. We care deeply about the quality and usefulness of the tools we develop, always focusing on our customers and users. Our service enables developers and security teams to continuously find and fix open source security vulnerabilities without slowing down, seamlessly integrating into Dev & DevOps workflows. We are committed to ensuring you stay safe while working freely with the open-source libraries you love.
We have more than 300,000 developers using Snyk globally with great enterprise customers on board (including Google, Netflix and New Relic). We also recently raised $102M from top VC firms (including Accel and Google Ventures) - we’re experiencing rapid growth and we want you to join us!
What does our interview process look like?
We start by having a video call to get to know you. We’ll tell you more about us, what we do on our different teams, and why our culture is so great! We also want to hear about you, your skills and experience, and why you are interested in exploring Snyk.
Next up we’ll send you a coding exercise. Ideally, you will get it back to us within a week and we can take a look at your work.
From there we’ll have an onsite interview where you will get to visit our office, meet a few different members of the team, do some pairing and extension work on your coding exercise, and find out everything you need to know about the way we work.
Please apply below! We care deeply about the warm, inclusive environment we’ve created and we value diversity - we welcome applications from those typically underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether you’re the right person, do apply anyway :)