The Snow Peak Person is both an outdoor enthusiast and a passionate creative. They believe in their talents and capabilities, are thoughtful in their approach and have a deep appreciation for their work and the world around them. Snow Peak People don’t shy away from growth or new challenges; they’re team players who prioritize connection and communication – and they’re serious about play.
The Digital E-commerce Specialist is responsible for leading effective digital merchandising strategies and managing the website to optimize customer attraction and satisfaction. This role will work closely with the brand team on seasonal campaign strategies and provide data analysis through regular reporting. To be successful, the Digital E-commerce Specialist will need to stay abreast of changes in the online marketing environment and adjust plans accordingly to best serve the objectives of the organization.
This position is a full time salary position with benefit eligibility and reports to the Digital Commerce Manager. The hours are Mon-Fri between 8am – 5pm in NW Portland, Oregon
THIS POSITION MIGHT BE RIGHT IF YOU
- Share a passion for the outdoors and the beneficial role it plays in people’s lives
- Express curiosity and creativity by taking initiative and be resourceful
- Understand your effect on business targets
- Make a memorable impact by being approachable, respectful, responsible, and joyful
- Value all people for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Partner across all direct-to-consumer channels to execute seasonal campaigns and merchandising strategies that generate, nurture and deliver a high-quality customer experience
- Drive email channel performance including audience segmentation, trigger series, list acquisition, and optimization strategies
- Support day-to-day search engine marketing and optimization support
- Contribute to the design and implementation of front-end upgrades impacting customer shopping roadmap
- Complete lead/campaign tracking, reporting and data analysis to drive new strategies in customer acquisition and formulate effective optimization
- Participate in maintenance, testing, and updates of tech stack
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of E-commerce programs
- Build, adapt, and maintain tools and reports
- Suggest strategies for process improvements
- Develop and maintain documentation and standards
- Support change management processes within the department
- Train new and existing employees on systems and processes
- Provide support and advice on cross-functional projects
- Participate in team meetings; provide knowledge, support, and advice for interdepartmental process improvements, projects, or policy revisions
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience
- 3 years of experience working on a digital/ecommerce team
- Understanding of digital, consumer, and competitive trends
- Proficient knowledge of Google Analytics, Excel, and analytical reporting
- Proficient knowledge of digital platforms (Shopify, Magento, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient understanding of the financial and business acumen to drive profitability
- Advanced ability to maintain data integrity
- Ability to learn quickly; creatively solve new problems
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Proficient time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Japanese language and culture
- Experience in the outdoor, retail, or apparel industries
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
All of our employees enjoy paid time off for making an impact and qualifying sick leave. All of our employees are also eligible for wilderness first aid certification, donation matching, annual company retreat and/or camping trip, mass transit assistance, access to online professional development training, a Snow Peak gear package, a seasonal Snow Peak Apparel allowance, and generous discounts on Snow Peak gear and apparel.
In addition, our permanent full time employees also have access to medical coverage with vision and alternative care, comprehensive dental, employer match to retirement contributions, paid vacation and holidays, bike commuting allowance, free mental health appointments, and paid parental leave.
At Snow Peak we value all of our employees by providing competitive and equitable base pay, and by promoting a progressive culture of trust, collaboration, inclusion, and development.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.