The Snow Peak Person is both an outdoor enthusiast and a passionate creative. They believe in their talents and capabilities, are thoughtful in their approach and have a deep appreciation for their work and the world around them. Snow Peak People don’t shy away from growth or new challenges; they’re team players who prioritize connection and communication – and they’re serious about play.
The Warehouse Associate expedites outgoing orders, routes incoming shipments, and maintains the general organization of the warehouse. This position may be responsible for packing orders, keeping inventory records, and maintaining the warehouse in an orderly fashion and supporting specialized processes as assigned.
This position is a full time salary position with benefit eligibility and reports to the Warehouse Manager. The starting compensation is $16.50 and the hours are Mon-Fri between 8am – 5pm in NE Portland, Oregon
THIS POSITION MIGHT BE RIGHT IF YOU
- Share a passion for the outdoors and the beneficial role it plays in people’s lives
- Express curiosity and creativity by taking initiative and be resourceful
- Understand your effect on business targets
- Make a memorable impact by being approachable, respectful, responsible, and joyful
- Value all people for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Receive and process exchanges and returns
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Provide excellent customer service via phone and email
- Research, analyze, and respond to routine and complex order status inquiries
- Repackage inventory as needed
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the warehouse
- Communicate with internal teams and upper management, relaying special order requests, customer concerns, product issues, or opportunities to the proper team member
- Ensure that health, safety, and security rules are followed
- High School degree
- Previous experience in warehouse, logistics, customer service, or order fulfillment
- Extraordinary customer service
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Basic mathematics and financial knowledge
- Basic knowledge of operating computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office
- Reliable and professional
- Approach solving problems creatively and strategically
- Friendly and engaging with all types of people
- Gracefully adapt to periodic and rapid change
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with Japanese language and culture
- Experience in the outdoor, retail, or apparel industries
- Extensive standing, lifting, walking
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of the warehouse
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
All of our employees enjoy paid time off for making an impact and qualifying sick leave. All of our employees are also eligible for wilderness first aid certification, donation matching, annual company retreat and/or camping trip, mass transit assistance, access to online professional development training, a Snow Peak gear package, a seasonal Snow Peak Apparel allowance, and generous discounts on Snow Peak gear and apparel.
In addition, our permanent full time employees also have access to medical coverage with vision and alternative care, comprehensive dental, employer match to retirement contributions, paid vacation and holidays, bike commuting allowance, free mental health appointments, and paid parental leave.
At Snow Peak we value all of our employees by providing competitive and equitable base pay, and by promoting a progressive culture of trust, collaboration, inclusion, and development.
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or age.