Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
- Provide email, web, and phone support to Snowflake customers and partners
- Utilize Snowflake environment, connectors, 3rd party partner software, and tools to investigate issues
- Document known solutions to internal and external knowledge base
- Submit well-documented bugs and feature requests arising from customer submitted requests
- Partner with engineering teams in prioritizing and resolving customer requests
- Participate in weekend on-call support rotation
- Work with engineering and dev ops with regards to service alerts and notifications
- Train and mentor new and jr. support staff
- Work on technical and non-technical projects
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- B.S. or M.S degree in CS, MIS or equivalent discipline
- 12+ years experience in a Technical Support or similar function
- Experience writing, troubleshooting, and debugging complex SQL queries
- Good understanding of query profiles and execution plans to analyze performance and make recommendations
- Knowledge of SQL data types and functions
- Good understanding of Amazon AWS and/or Microsoft Azure ecosystems
- Experience in troubleshooting database connectivity issues using a variety of methods (client software, drivers/connectors)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills on a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac, *Nix)
- Excellent understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet. You should have a solid knowledge of internet protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP/S, SFTP, DNS as well as the ability to use diagnostic tools to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Scripting/coding experience In any of the following: Python, Ruby, Java, .Net, NodeJS, R
- Excellent writing and communication skills with an attention to detail
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.