Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We are looking for a talented Product Manager to join our rapidly growing Seattle area team! Our product managers oversee the product functionality and design for our flexible, scalable, and easy-to-use cloud data platform. We need someone who has the breadth of skills and experience that will make our product loved by customers - someone who can develop a deep understanding of the Snowflake product, a deep empathy for customers and a clear vision of how the product should evolve. Specifically, the person hired for this role will be a key figure in driving our strategic efforts related to autonomous processing with tactical objectives around monitoring, alerting, and notifications. Working closely with partners and integrating Snowflake’s capabilities with relevant partner offerings is another key part of the role.
AS A PRODUCT MANAGER AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL :
- Define and evolve the picture of success for one or more key areas of the Snowflake product, specifically for autonomous processing with a focus on automating and orchestrating customer scenarios for monitoring, alerting, and notifications.
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning product, design, development, QA, marketing, sales, and support as well as our business partners.
- Collaborate across the PM and Engineering organization to help drive buy-in and agreement on the product.
- Manage programs and structured projects related to the design and delivery of engineering efforts.
- Partner with other Snowflake Product Managers on cross-company initiatives.
- Lead customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers to understand their needs, listen to their feedback, and determine the usability of the product which will influence the product roadmap and feature design.
- Help coordinate project execution across feature teams in Snowflake’s engineering offices.
- Own end to end projects related to customer scenarios, product requirements, priorities, customer reviews, and product/feature evangelism.
- Manage a robust customer community for your feature areas.
- Leverage data to help find the best solution to our complex problems.
OUR IDEAL PRODUCT MANAGER WILL HAVE :
- The ability to grasp the breadth of the Snowflake cloud data platform product and, at the same time, dive down to the detailed level of a specific feature.
- Prior experience executing a vision from start to finish in the past, with an ability to take a one-word, or one-sentence, product vision and expound on it to drive a product roadmap.
- Proven expertise in understanding the voice of the customer and partnering across engineering, marketing, and sales to deliver compelling products that meet those customers’ needs.
- Demonstrated track record of shipping successful platform data service offerings in the cloud.
- Decisive and detailed oriented personality, and ready and willing to stand by their decisions.
- Ability to thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of an innovative startup from its early days. That means flexibility and willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
- Ability to work with teams in multiple geographies.
- 5+ years of experience in software development or product management.
- Deep understanding in the areas of Big Data, IT Monitoring, and Public Cloud technologies.
- Hands-on experience with SQL, Python, or Java as well as IT monitoring solutions are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.