Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Our Value Engineering organization is growing and actively seeking a Senior Value Engineer to join the team. In this role you will support our sales organization in leading efforts to connect the Snowflake Cloud Data Platform to the customers business objectives through value based, industry-centric messaging.
Reporting to our Director of Value Engineering you will assist in standardizing our value-based solution proposition, integrating this into our selling strategy.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Effectively execute all value-based activities in the sales cycle to drive customer consumption and remain engaged with customers ensuring successful value realization through their Snowflake journey
- Deliver Value Assessments and Value Realization services for select customers
- Conducting quantitative analysis, ROI modeling, and value realization benchmarking
- Creating & delivering business value deliverables to customer CXO roles
- Driving business value discovery workshops with CXO, BU leads and practitioners
- Support the development of new value assets, tools and collateral, helping develop the practice
- Educate Snowflake sales teams on value engineering best practices to improve value-based selling
- Up to 60% travel to support sales efforts and industry events
IN ORDER TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, WE NEED SOMEONE WHO HAS:
- 7+ years of experience in management consulting, value consulting, value engineering, financial/investment analysis and/or other applicable roles
- Strong verbal and written communication of qualitative and quantitative business cases
- Must be self-managed, responsive and dedicated to customer success
- Deep financial analysis and modeling of ROI and TCO concepts to justify business cases. Deep knowledge of & ability to demonstrate practical use of IRR, NVP & Payback
- Industry benchmarking experience in major industries such as: Financial Services, Retail, Public Sector, Manufacturing, Healthcare
- Experience with enterprise cloud economics and understanding of enterprise data management concepts (Data Governance, Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Lake, Datawarehouse, Data Sharing, Data Applications)
- Master’s Degree, MBA preferred
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.