Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
We’re looking for dedicated students who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
WHAT WE OFFER :
- Paid, full-time internships in the heart of the software industry
- Post-internship career opportunities (full-time and/or additional internships)
- Exposure to a fast-paced, yet fun, startup culture
- A chance to work with world-class experts on challenging projects
- Opportunity to provide meaningful contributions to a real system used by customers
- High level of access to supervisors (manager and mentor), detailed direction without micromanagement, feedback throughout your internship, and a final evaluation
- Stuff that matters: treated as a member of the Snowflake team, included in company meetings/activities, flexible hours, casual dress code, catered lunches, access to gaming consoles, recreational games, happy hours, company outings, swag, and much more
WHAT WE EXPECT :
- Desired class level: 3rd/4th year Undergraduates, Masters, or PhD
- Desired majors: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Math, or related field
- Required coursework: algorithms, data structures, and operating systems
- Recommended coursework: compilers, database systems, distributed systems, and machine learning
- Bonus experience: Research or publications in databases or distributed systems, and contributions to open source.
- When: Fall (August-December)
- Duration: 12-16 weeks recommended
- Excellent programming skills in C++ or Java
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Strong problem solving and ability to learn quickly in a dynamic environment
- Experience with working as a part of a team
- Dedication and passion for technology
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN / GAIN :
- How to build enterprise grade, reliable, and trustworthy software/services
- Exposure to SQL and/or other database technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop)
- Understanding of database internals, large-scale data processing, transaction processing, distributed systems, and data warehouse design
- Implementation, testing of features in query compilation, compiler design, query execution
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud in particular
- Learning about cutting edge database technology and research
POSSIBLE TEAM / WORK FOCUS AREAS :
- Service Runtime
- High performance large-scale data processing
- Large-scale distributed systems
- Query compilation and optimization
- Software-as-a-Service platform
- Software frameworks for stability and performance testing
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.