Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
The Solutions Architect (SA) for the professional services team will be responsible for driving customer enablement and adoption. The SA is a technical resource that provides technical guidance and expertise on the use of the Snowflake service.
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to high visibility, high impact projects at a very exciting time for the company. Snowflake is an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company in a large and growing market. If you are an energetic, self-managed professional with experience managing complex customer communities and possess excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities, we’d love to hear from you.
AS A SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT AT SNOWFLAKE YOU WILL:
- Be potentially named to several Snowflake customers
- Lead technical pieces of client data warehouse implementations and on-boarding efforts
- Work with the other Customer Engagement and Delivery matrix resources to ensure proper technical guidance, project management and functional support
- Collaborate as needed with Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Sales Engineering, and Professional Services teams
- Help clients troubleshoot the implementation of the product within their systems
- Identify, document, triage and track issues to ensure resolution
- Work with Product Management and Support as necessary when a scoped implementation or product feature cannot be implemented or does not meet the client’s needs
- Play an active role contributing to the growth and scalability of the Customer Delivery and Training and Education teams through robust documentation, continuous process optimization, and capability cross-training
- Apply industry/domain/technology expertise to client implementations
- Gather intelligent product feedback and recommendations from customers to design and inform new features and capabilities
OUR IDEAL SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT WILL HAVE:
- 7+ years of experience in a customer facing technical role
- Strong database and data warehouse experience, including recent experience writing and tuning complex SQL queries
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data Pipeline
- Presence: enthusiastic and high energy, but also poised, confident and extremely professional
- Innovative and assertive, with the ability to pick up new technologies and assess situations quickly
- Exercises listening, takes time to truly understand client needs and address them
- Track record of delivering results in a dynamic enterprise or start-up environment
- Experience working cross functionally with teams such as Support and Engineering
- Strong sense of ownership and high attention to detail
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet stated quality objectives
BONUS POINTS FOR EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau); it is not expected you will be an expert with any integrated upstream or downstream tools used to access data in Snowflake
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.