Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Our goal is to help our customers achieve their business goals by providing outstanding service and support to our most critical customers in their most important time of need. The Director of Global Account Escalations should have an excellent track record of leading high performance teams in multiple aspects, extensive experience in the areas of Technical Support and Support Escalations, and possesses the proper skills to create operational, tactical and strategic goals for the Escalations organization. The ability to create excellent proactive and reactive business models, analysis and processes are all critical factors for success. A thorough understanding of business impacts related to technical issues is also a must.
- Possesses a positive attitude and outlook.
- Enjoys working with a high performing, fast paced team.
- Works with a high degree of integrity, accountability, attention to detail, planning expertise and execution.
- Knows and understands the importance of being an effective leader in all situations.
- Interacts internally and externally with multiple levels of an organization, including C-level individuals.
- Results oriented, leveraging data, metrics and open feedback to make operational, tactical and strategic decisions.
- Possess a high degree of tact, patience and skill under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong judgment regarding escalation management and problem mitigation, as well as the ability to make timely decisions from both business and technical perspectives.
- Understands both proactive and reactive escalation management practices and how to collaborate with other teams to best support customers.
- Management and direction of a team of Escalation Managers and Escalation Engineers.
- Development of a proactive Escalation Risk (ER) analysis model, utilizing specific data points to create and continually enhance the ability to predict account escalations.
- Develop, engage and lead technology, support and business teams in the gap analysis, maturing and implementation of an enterprise-level escalation management framework.
- Global Alignment of people, process and technologies to address critical situations for customers and fulfill the escalation methodology from start to finish.
- Present the Global Account Escalation program and principles to internal teams.
- Ensure that team members have the ability to effectively communicate critical issue status (both verbally and written) to executive staff, sales teams, and other involved parties.
- Focus on the areas of escalation prevention and management, consistency in execution and delivery, team member technical and business skills, and trend/regression analysis.
- Preparing, presenting and reviewing plans related to the development of an account escalation model on a support/service related platform.
- Translating business goals into operational and tactical objectives to build future processes while ensuring that the team stays focused on account escalation prevention and management.
- Developing strong partnerships internally with Sales, Services, Support and Engineering.
- Creation of new processes and procedures for Global Account Escalations that help increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Promoting continuous improvement based on data-driven conversations.
- Leveraging metrics to make strategic decisions, concentrating on results.
- Delivery of scheduled updates to internal and external stakeholders, including C-level individuals.
- BA/BS in a business-related field and/or equivalent years working in the software industry and/or cloud platform industry (10+ years).
- 8+ years of direct Support and/or Support Services related experience with a proven track record of delivering business value and improvement.
- 5+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure (Azure), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or a private cloud environment.
- 10+ years of experience managing enterprise customer relationships in Technical Support, Technical Support or Business Operations, or other Support Delivery based organizations.
- 10+ years of process creation, improvement and alignment with Business Units.
- Technical competence in Service/Platform/Infrastructure(SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) architectures, application, use and management.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and receptive listening skills.
- High levels of emotional intelligence (EQ), empathy, proactivity, and the ability to advocate for both clients and internal teams alike, continuously striving for mutually-beneficial solutions.
- Successful experience working, collaborating, and establishing relationships with leadership, colleagues, and clients.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse fundamentals and concepts.
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent team player, able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.