Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Our goal is to help our customers achieve their business goals by providing outstanding service and support, which is the primary responsibility of the Snowflake Support Account Manager (SAM). A Support Account Manager has developed an excellent balance of business and technical skills that allow them to operate at multiple levels within the customer’s business environment and understand the platform use and operation as well.
A SAM HAS THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES:
- Possess a positive attitude and outlook.
- Enjoys working as a member of a high performing, fast paced team.
- Work with a high degree of integrity and accountability.
- The ability to interact internally and externally with multiple levels of an organization, including C-level individuals.
- Be results oriented, leveraging data, metrics and open feedback to make operational, tactical and strategic decisions.
- Display high levels of attention to detail, planning expertise and execution.
- Understand both proactive and reactive support management practices and how to collaborate with other Snowflake teams to best support our customers.
A SAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Operating as the point of contact for assigned customers.
- Creation of assigned tasks and deliverables for customers.
- Active observation, interface and management reporting of a customer’s environment related to program deliverables.
- Management of the day-to-day aspects of support cases, incidents, and escalations for assigned customers.
- Presenting the Global Account Management programs and principles to internal teams and customers alike, including events, company and user conferences.
- Coordinating with team members to help ensure consistent service is being delivered.
- Articulating and understanding a customer’s business model, goals, objectives, schedules and operations and how the Snowflake platform impacts their business.
- Preparing, presenting and reviewing plans related to version control, upgrades and environmental changes.
- Translating business goals into operational and tactical objectives while ensuring that customers are staying on their strategic path.
- The development of strong partnerships with the customer’s business and operational leaders to drive focus on support related aspects and issues.
- Promoting continuous improvement based on data-driven conversations.
- Coordinating and leading review meetings, focusing on support related data such as cases, incidents, platform performance and operational aspects.
- Leveraging metrics to make strategic decisions, concentrating on results.
A SAM HAS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS in a business-related field and/or equivalent years working in the software industry and/or cloud platform industry (6+ years).
- 4+ years of direct Support and/or Support Services related experience with a proven track record of delivering business value and improvement.
- 3+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure (Azure), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), or a private cloud environment.
- 3+ years of experience managing enterprise customer relationships as a Support Account Manager (SAM), Business Critical Account Manager (BCAM) or Technical Account Manager (TAM).
- Technical competence in base Service/Platform/Infrastructure(SaaS/PaaS/IaaS) architectures, application, use and management.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and receptive listening skills.
- High levels of emotional intelligence (EQ), empathy, proactivity, and the ability to advocate for both clients and internal teams alike, continuously striving for mutually-beneficial solutions.
- The ability to present complex ideas, processes and methodologies in a clear, concise fashion to technical, non-technical and executive audiences.
- Successful experience working, collaborating, and establishing relationships with leadership, colleagues, and clients.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse fundamentals and concepts.
- Ability to adapt, to be flexible, and to learn quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent team player able to work with virtual and global cross functional teams.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.