Snowflake is seeking a leader for our global order to cash operations to support our tremendous growth. This high visibility position will report directly to our Corporate Controller, and serve as a key advisor to our executive leadership team as it comes to all matters related to revenue recognition. The position will manage all aspects of revenue accounting, including, but not limited to, revenue recognition policies and procedures, contract review and deal structuring, and continuously improving financial process and systems efficiencies.
The position will also own order management, billing operations, credit and collection functions. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-growth environment where the initial work will be at the ‘hands-on, managerial, and executive/strategic levels. This is an excellent opportunity to be an essential member of the finance and accounting leadership team starting in a pre-IPO environment.
- Develop and implement revenue recognition policies and procedures and ensuring proper documentation of the accounting guidance for all revenue-generating activities, including SSP analysis, revenue reserves, bad debt reserves analysis
- Oversee accounting research and implementation of new revenue accounting standards and ensure all policies are documented and applied globally by training global team as needed
- Partner with the Sales and Sales Operations teams and the executives in those teams to drive bookings and revenues that reflect company objectives while complying with internal policies and with GAAP
- Advise on billings and revenue recognition impact as it relates to new product offerings and new sales or channel programs
- Be a key contributor to the Deal Desk process and work closely with the sales and sales finance teams in pre-sales contract negotiation in order to ensure business and revenue recognition objectives and requirements are achieved
- Train sales organization on order to cash business processes and revenue accounting
- Oversee billing operations, order management and collection functions to ensure timely, accurate and complete bookings and billing information for accounting and reporting
- Directly manage, train and mentor the revenue, billing, order management, credit and collections teams, including establishing offshore shared service center
- Drive continuous system enhancements with Sales, Product and Engineering as it relates to all orders to cash processes to improve efficiencies and ensure scalability.
- Oversee the Implementation of multi currency billings, MEA allocations and other critical orders to cash projects Drive the month-end and quarter-end close processes for the revenue team and support FP&A in building bookings and revenue forecasts
- Own the SEC reporting disclosures related to revenue, establish SOX readiness for orders to cash processes and ensure SOX compliance
- Interface with auditors and manage all order to cash related audit requirements
- Participate as needed in due diligence, purchase accounting and integration of mergers and acquisitions
- Provide ad-hoc analysis and support for general financial operations as needed to support business and any other special projects
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- BA or BS in Finance/Accounting or equivalent required
- CPA certification or equivalent required
- 10 + years of combined industry and public accounting experience, in particular high tech software industry experience. Experience with consumption models is a plus
- 5+ years of people management experience, with the experience building out and managing offshore teams, leading and inspiring teams to a high performance culture
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience in proper revenue accounting processes under current revenue recognition for software, professional services and multiple element arrangements (“606”)
- Demonstrated ability to foster and build business relationships within and across functions and to be able to influence teams outside of Finance
- Demonstrated experience at successful collaboration with stakeholders in Finance, Legal, Sales, and IT to leverage systems capabilities, continuously improve processes, and develop efficiencies.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills; able to understand, apply, and explain complex accounting theories, concepts, and processes in ways that non-technical stakeholders can understand
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and multi-task, detail-oriented and hands-on
- Knowledge in Salesforce, Workday, Looker/Tableau systems is a strong plus
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.