We are looking for a Finance Systems and Operations Manager who will engage with business stakeholders in Finance Operations (Billing and Collections, Revenue, Accounting, Tax, and FP & A) to understand business processes and user needs from business systems, drill into the details to analyze complex processes and translate them into business and functional requirements. You will be responsible for documenting detailed business requirements, defining project scope and objectives, systems configuration, testing, implementation, continuous improvement, and ongoing support. To ensure we provide optimal service to our business partners, you will have a deep understanding of business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical and data modeling background. You will also help onboard new Business Systems Analysts, by guiding and mentoring them. As a Finance Systems and Operations Manager, you will set standards, define best practices, and help build a solid foundation for a Business Analysis Center of Excellence.
- Business Requirements & Analysis.
- Work closely with business partners to understand processes, gaps, and goals.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions and interview cross-functional Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to elicit business requirements.
- Analyze existing and future state business processes, systems, and flows of data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create and maintain documentation related to developing and modifying business processes and related systems.
- Partner with business, internal, and external technology teams to define associated system requirements and solutions.
- Maintain the relationship between Finance and Other organizations with Snowflake to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget while maintaining the critical business systems that drive Finance operations.
- Participate in systems implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification, and resolution).
- Act as the liaison between the business units, technology teams, and support teams.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding.
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true business needs to align with Snowflake’s overall strategy.
- Mentor and help create best practices for Business Systems Analysts.
- Business Solutions Design, Delivery & Support.
- Be proactive and take initiative to gather information, investigate gaps/issues, identify potential solutions, and present to both Business and IT stakeholders.
- Work closely with vendors, implementation partners, architects, developers, and business units to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Facilitate review sessions with functional owners, subject matter experts, and end-user representatives.
- Oversee lifecycle for various projects within Finance from inception to completion (Billing and Collections, Revenue, Accounting, Tax & FP & A, etc.)
- Work with various teams to develop project milestones and timelines for development, UAT, production validation, and go live.
- Support delivery of reporting, dashboards, and business intelligence capabilities through a partnership with Business.
- Lead and perform data management and migration activities
- Ensure training and timely communications in accordance with project timelines
- Engage in other areas of Finance such as security, compliance (SOX), reporting and production, and participate in change management support to ensure projects are addressed from end to end and the needs, interests, and success criteria of the business are met.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Business Administration, Finance/Accounting, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of knowledge and related industry experience implementing and maintaining one or more SaaS/Cloud financial systems (e.g. Workday, NetSuite, Salesforce, Adaptive, Coupa, Tableau).
- In-depth experience with proven methodology in implementing Financial Systems (ERP, Planning, Treasury, Financial Reporting/BI, Consolidation Tool, Reconciliation Tool, and custom tools).
- Minimum 3 implementations of Financial ERP Systems for SaaS businesses as Financial Systems Analyst. Workday Implementation experience in AR, AP, GL, FA space is preferred, but Oracle Financials, SAP or equivalent ERP implementation experience is adequate.
- Subject matter expertise of quote to cash process, billing & collections, revenue accounting/GAAP including a general understanding of new revenue recognition guidance on ASC 606 is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter, completely independent, thrives in a fast-paced environment, customer-centric, and have the interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with both technical and non-technical parties.
- Must exhibit strong security and confidentiality practices with systems that handle sensitive data.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and thrive in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Strong project management skills and experience successfully working cross-functionally.
- Domain experience in SaaS is highly preferred where the candidate has worked on implementing financial systems or reporting solutions as a business analyst.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.