Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
We’re hiring a talented Software Engineer in Test, Query Processing who will be part of the team building the core query optimizer and distributed query and data processing engine, which is at the heart of the Snowflake product. This role is a unique opportunity to make a significant impact to our elastic, large scale, high-performance computing environment.
As a Software Engineer in Test, at Snowflake you will:
- Develop automated tools and tests for groundbreaking products which allow Snowflake to provide industry leading data warehousing capabilities.
- Build tools that allow Snowflake to ensure a quality product is released every week.
- Pinpoint problems, instrument relevant components as needed, and ultimately implement solutions.
- Advise other members of the engineering team on how to build software with quality and testability in mind.
- Evaluate and determine priorities with a critical understanding of how software quality impacts customer experience.
Our ideal Software Engineer in Test, will have:
- 5+ years hands-on software engineering experience.
- Proven experience developing comprehensive and effective test tools, performance tools, and frameworks.
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance, multi-threading, and schema design.
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Fluency in SQL, Java and/or Python preferred.
- Track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions for complex problems.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Measurably impact an innovative product area central to Snowflake’s success.
- Take charge of your own career- this role has the impact and ability to grow both technically, as well as from a leadership perspective.
- Ensure the quality, performance, and reliability of a super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Learn at scale as you work on a highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines and executes Billions of queries.
- Ensure that we are shipping the highest quality service possible at each weekly release.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
Are you up for the challenge?