Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
As a Performance Software Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Analyze all aspects of the Snowflake Query Engine and drive initiatives to understand what bottlenecks may exist and to improve them.
- Guide the development of tools that will aid in the measurement and analysis of performance, identify and understand performance bottlenecks in the system, and then dive into the code to solve them.
- Analyze root cause for latency across the system, develop solutions, and implement independently and with the broader team.
- Identify and help solve issues from the choice of execution plan to efficient resource management, all the way down to highly specialized vectorized execution.
- Evaluate and determine priorities with a critical understanding of where performance matters and where performance is irrelevant.
- Work with the broader engineering team to identify opportunities to improve system performance.
Our ideal Performance Software Engineer will have:
- 5+ years hands-on software engineering experience, with a specific focus on system performance.
- Strong database fundamentals including SQL, performance, multi-threading, and schema design.
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Experience developing systems in C or C++, Java a plus.
- Ability to work effectively across engineering teams in multiple locations.
- The need for speed.
- Track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions for complex problems.
- BS in Computer Science, Masters or PhD preferred.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? As a member of our team, you will:
- Leverage the data and insights gathered from user workloads to identify opportunities to make the system better and faster.
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Measurably impact an innovative product area central to Snowflake’s success.
- Improve the performance of a super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform.
- Learn at scale as you work on a highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on thousands of machines and executes billions of queries.
- Ensure that we are shipping the highest performance service possible at each weekly release.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
Are you up for the challenge?