Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
Our Sales Engineering organization is seeking a Regional Manager for Sales Engineering to lead a highly skilled team of Sales Engineers in France. In this role you will lead a SE team as well as working directly with our sales team and channel partners to understand the needs of our customers, strategize on how to navigate sales cycles, provide value-based demonstrations, support POCs and close business.
Reporting to the Director of Sales Engineering you will play a hands on role of building a team of sales engineers and owning the P&L responsibilities for the group.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Build and lead a team of sales engineers who serve as our core product introduction, evaluation and education experts
- Partner with sales leadership to achieve regional quota targets, our goals and ensure relationships are built
- Provide guidance to revenue leaders on sales strategy, product obstacles/gaps and represent the team’s needs to executive staff
- Interpret complex problems, create simple solutions and collaborate closely with prospects, channel partners and our sales team to deliver winning solutions
- Collaborate and maintain a close working relationship with product, engineering, sales, marketing and services
- Play an active role in sourcing and screening potential candidates and managing the interview process
- Act as a player/coach working with your team on and delivering compelling presentations to customers and prospects
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 10+ years of industry experience in a pre-sales capacity with 4+ years of direct line management experience (hiring, training and retaining top talent)
- Industry expertise within Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Data Analytics and/or Cloud Computing
- Strong hands-on technical skills within Databases, Data Warehousing, ETL and Analytics
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Snowflake’s solutions
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
- Native French language
Our Sales Engineers are customer obsessed and we believe in the value we can add and stay honest about it. We love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback and are passionate about making our clients successful.
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.