Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premise and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Snowflake’s Support team is expanding! We are looking for drivers-people who thrive on responsibility and live for the next big challenge. We seek to employ the brightest and most forward-thinking talent. Snowflake is currently seeking a Senior Technical Support Manager. The successful candidate will manage a team within our growing Global Customer Support organization. This includes providing leadership to the team's technical staff, interfacing with Development on customer-impacting fixes and enhancements, recruiting and development of support staff, and guiding and exceeding team metrics. The successful candidate will also have responsibility for leading efforts in developing and implementing world-class technical support services, knowledge base content, best practices and methodologies to deliver unsurpassed service and support.
- Have team responsibility for delivering excellent technical support in a 24x7x365 SaaS environment
- Be responsible for hiring, development, training, and skills management of technical staff
- Have end-to-end ownership of customer incidents working across Support, development and operations team
- Navigate and steer difficult situations towards positive outcomes
- Make data-driven decisions to improve operational quality and efficiency
- Manage to key customer success metrics - SLA, CSAT, Time to Resolution (TTR), etc.
- Foster and grow relationships across product and engineering functions for knowledge building, incident engagement, new feature readiness, and product feedback
- Establish good working relationships with customer facing teams (sales, professional services, etc)
- Turn customer feedback into actionable steps to improve support service delivery
- Partner with escalation management team to drive satisfactory resolution of customer escalations
- Be the agent of change for new business process, technology, transformation
- Assess and evaluate processes, technology, and team skill sets to identify gaps and identify areas to improve and opportunities for advancement.
- Lead by example to cultivate and maintain a culture built on teamwork and collaboration.
- Manage to organizational and departmental objectives
Our ideal Sr Technical Support Manager will have:
- A minimum of 10+ years of technical support and service management experience with a minimum of 6-7 years in a supervisory role is required.
- Experience supporting a database, data warehouse, or data platform technology in a SaaS environment
- Experience managing Enterprise support in a large and complex environment in a web-based service and technology
- Proven capability of delivering on departmental goals and key metrics
- Customer-first Mindset and a "Get it done" attitude
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional internal and external customer care.
- Ability to champion change through commitment and support for initiatives
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and escalate customer issues
- Ability to present problem resolution, root cause analysis, and corrective actions to customer facing teams and customers when warranted
- A trustworthy leader with a reputation for fairness, dependability, and adherence to high ethical standards. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and excellent communication and negotiation skills, both oral and written
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.