Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Are you looking to be part of the team that is shaking up the data management and analytics industry? Do you want to blaze new trails and execute on solutions marketing to key industry verticals and personas? We’re growing fast and looking for a highly talented, driven and self-motivated marketing professional. Over 1,000 customers have deployed Snowflake to modernize how they access their data, enable rapid analytics, and derive data-driven insights for their business users. In this role you will help drive the next wave of adoption.
What you'll do:
- Build and execute a complete competitive intelligence and competitive marketing strategy
- Create and run a quarterly win/loss program
- Monitor and report on key industry trends, ensuring timely updates as major competitive shifts occur
- Train and partner with sales to enable them to understand and successfully articulate Snowflake value proposition relative to competitors
- Triage inbound competitive intel requests from sales, supporting competitive sales cycles as appropriate
- Be an excellent communicator who can engage Snowflake executives and teams across functions and who can engage external stakeholders
What you have:
- 10+ years of proven product or competitive marketing experience ideally to data management or analytics
- Solid understanding of data management and analytics landscape and vendors relevant strengths and weaknesses
- Cross-functional team management, influence without authority, including senior management
- A “never lose” mindset with a keen ability to paint competitors into corners
- A command for writing with excellent composition skills
- Excellent speaking and communication skills
- Technical- and business-benefit understanding of prevailing and emerging analytics technologies, on-premises and in the cloud
- Strong project and organizational skills with the ability to optimally structure and prioritize work
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- BS/BA degree in a related technical field
- Willingness to travel up to 15% of time
- MBA degree strongly preferred
Are you up for the challenge?