Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Our goal is to provide a fast and efficient release and deployment model while maintaining an exacting level of quality.
At Snowflake our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day.
You have a strong understanding of Distributed Systems, Infrastructure, Automation and SaaS Release models. You have experience working as a release engineer, with data analytics and continuous deployment automation toolsets. You can apply best coding practices and data analysis to build more efficient and ever increasing quality systems.
You’re knowledgeable. You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure. You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions.
As an Release Infrastructure Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Design and build tools to support data analytics around our release process.
- Discover release, deployment and quality trends by analyzing large amounts of production data.
- Design and build dashboards to inform various stake holders on the progress and quality of each release.
- Design and build release automation tools to support a multi-cloud data warehouse.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, efficiency and maintainability.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaboration with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to build great tools for other engineers.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years of experience in software development (SaaS experience preferred)
- Strong coding skills in Python/Groovy/Java/C++
- Comfortable with Linux environments and scripting experience.
- Experience with Cloud based infrastructure services, AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins a plus.
- Solid understanding of software release models and a passion to drive understanding and efficiencies in the process.
- Attention to detail and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Service oriented mindset.
- Ability to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Self-driven and motivated with a strong work ethic and passion for problem solving.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.