Our goal is to provide highly available, reliable and scalable tools/services infrastructure that enables our engineering teams to develop, test, debug and release enterprise software quickly. We are champions for code health, testability, maintainability and best practices for development and testing.
At Snowflake our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment of casual intensity where people enjoy coming to work every day.
You have a strong understanding of Distributed Systems, Infrastructure, and Automation challenges. You have experience working as a systems engineer in a services, cloud or enterprise environment, and have implemented solutions/services that are hallmark of reliability, scalability, availability, and ease of use. You will be building automation frameworks for Cloud based, SaaS Data Warehouse services. These span the full stack including helping set the direction for how we continuously integrate, deploy, verify and monitor our product/services.
You’re knowledgeable. You love digging into new technologies and figuring out how to incorporate what they offer into your infrastructure. You understand different people have different needs to be productive, and strive to develop self-service oriented solutions.
As an Infrastructure and Automation Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems in tools and testing.
- Design and build advanced test automation frameworks.
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with and influence others to improve the overall design.
- Strong sense of ownership and desire to build great tools for other engineers.
Our ideal Infrastructure and Automation Engineer will have:
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent.
- At least 5+ years of experience in software development (SaaS experience preferred).
- Prefer strong coding skills in Python/Java
- Comfortable with Linux environments and scripting experience.
- Services mindset.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloud based infrastructure systems is a plus.
- Software development experience with a highly-scalable, highly-available, and highly resilient distributed systems/services in large multi-node environments preferred.
- Tremendous attention to details and ability to build reliable and scalable software systems.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills conducive to a team environment.
- Able to debug, troubleshoot, and resolve complex technical issues.
- Self-driven & motivated, with a strong work ethic and a passion for problem solving.
- Experience and knowledge of Git, JIRA, and Jenkins a plus.
Why join the engineering team at Snowflake? Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading data management system that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services hundreds of customers and millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable data processing platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- User interfaces bridging the enterprise world with the consumer experience. Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.