Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Engineering Productivity team is committed to building a delightful and productive experience for Snowflake Engineers - empowering them to write, release code quickly and confidently. They work with the entire engineering organization on delivering solutions that span across the entire tech stack, our infrastructure systems, and tools. They have an innate passion for trailblazing and driving tech initiatives, pushing the boundaries of what new technologies can do to make engineers faster and happier.
- Leading/contributing to high-impact tech initiatives that shape how developers write and ship code.
- Design and build advanced infrastructure enabling fast iteration.
- Improve the overall development process by identifying gaps or inefficiencies in workflows and suggesting solutions.
- Create the next generation developer tooling and infrastructure for Snowflake, focusing on productivity, testing, and release.
- Partner with other teams to increase the productivity of engineers.
- Evangelizing and driving the adoption of best practices in code health, testability, maintainability, scalability.
- Implement and automate development best practices and strategies.
- Develop and track key metrics for engineering performance, drive their improvement over time, and communicate their status.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of scalable build/test/release infrastructure.
- Define the strategy and roadmap for the adoption of developer tools and test infrastructure across Engineering organization.
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Experience requirements & expectations:
- Experience: 10+ years of development experience with proven experience owning application development from "cradle to grave" as well as developing tools and solutions. Experience in at least one of the following: Build infrastructure, optimizing software, building tools and frameworks.
- Software development experience in either Python or Java preferred.
- Metrics driven: you are proficient in measuring success, value and gaps.
- A natural leader: your “get stuff done” philosophy inspires and invigorates the team around you; you have a proven track record of mentoring junior engineers and influencing people and teams around you.
- Relentless: you are proactive, progressive, and performance-driven; you are unstoppable in the pursuit of quality, with direct experience implementing development best practices, identifying priorities, collecting requirements and translating them into action.
- Passionate: you’re enthusiastic about making the life of the people around you easier; you challenge the status quo, meeting daunting challenges head-on with confidence.
- A team player: you have an unshakeable drive to succeed; you possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to see great ideas through to the end.
Are you up for the challenge?