Founded by industry experts and backed by strategic investors, our disruptive built-for-the-cloud architecture was designed to push the limitations of conventional data warehousing.
Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
The Sr Accountant - Fixed Assets & Leases assists in the monthly accounting close and preparation of monthly account reconciliations. This position is responsible for ensuring proper cut-off and accounting for assigned accounts, and providing general support of various projects as needed.
Position location - San Mateo OR Dublin, CA
- Perform monthly and quarterly closing responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries with accurate and complete work papers with accrual and reversal liabilities, and reporting
- Play key role in month-end closing and preparation of periodic reporting schedules and disclosures for monthly, quarterly and year-end review and audit processes
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Respond to data requests and requests for information (audit requests)
- Comply with internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, with various groups including internal customers and team members to perform work functions
- Assist all Accounting and Finance personnel in the resolution of accounting related issues and implementing new accounting processes
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Large business experience with high volume transactions preferred
- Basic experience demonstrating skill communicating financial information, verbally and in writing, with others
- Experience demonstrating skill using an enterprise resource planning system (Workday Financials or equivalent)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of accounting responsibilities (journal entries, reconciliations and financial statement variance analysis)
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls (Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404, segregation of duties)
- Ability and willingness to work independently and accurately on multiple assignments/projects simultaneously
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Excel skills, to include vlookups and pivot tables
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Attention to details
- Strong focus on customer service
We’re looking for people who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
Are you up for the challenge?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.