Snowflake started with a clear vision: develop a cloud data platform that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Snowflake developed an innovative new product with a built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. We are now a global, world-class organization with offices in more than a dozen countries and serving many more.
In this role you will manage our global travel program, implementing innovative policies and processes to create a win-win for the traveler and Snowflake. The travel manager will report into the Sr. Director of Procurement, and join a growing and exceptional team.
- Establish and manage the global travel strategy
- Develop, maintain, and administer the Global Travel Policy, allowing for cultural and regional differences with cross functional coordination as needed
- Provide active oversight of the travel management companies including all operational issues, SLA’s, management reporting, and adherence to policy
- Manage the selection process and negotiations of supplier contracts (i.e., airlines, hotels, car rental, travel assistance, etc.)
- Develop, implement and manage all travel supplier relationships and programs (agency, air, hotel, car rental, and other travel related services) ensuring compliance to service level agreements
- Identify savings opportunities and service enhancements, initiate process improvements and deployment of benchmarking-generated best practices
- Own the design and execution of systems and processes related to travel, including travel management technology and tools
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor, and report on travel expenditures and compliance
- Develop strong internal working relationships with all departments especially Finance, Meetings/Events, Marketing, Sales, Executive Admins, IT and International locations
- Assist employees in resolving travel related issues, policy questions and problems as required
- Develop and maintain content for travel’s intranet site
- Design and develop a travel risk management program, including assistance providers and insurance policies
- Partner with Meetings and Events team to leverage both programs when selecting and procuring Corporate meetings
- B.A./B.S. degree, MBA preferred
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive (CCTE) or Global Travel Professional (GTP) preferred
- Membership with local and/or Global Business Travel Association preferred
- 15+ years of experience in designing, managing and evolving a global corporate travel program, including systems, policies, procedures, and training
- Experience working with a global TMC and providing self-service booking for employees
- Experience in strategic sourcing and negotiations of contracts
- Proven ability to effectively manage supplier relationships
- Exceptional relationship building skills that includes experience working throughout a global organization and across various business units
- Must have analytical, problem solving and change management skills, including risk assessment and ability to interpret and utilize key financial data
- Extremely well organized and detailed oriented with demonstrated follow-up skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience managing meetings and events, and commercial card programs a plus
- Proven Project Management Skills, a plus
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office products
- Technology passionate
- Curiosity Driven
Snowflake is growing fast, and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We are looking for people who share our values, challenge ordinary thinking, and push the pace of innovation while building a future for themselves and Snowflake.
How do you want to make your impact?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.