Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
In this role you will manage our global travel program, implementing innovative policies and processes to create a win-win for the traveler and Snowflake. The travel manager will report into the Sr. Director of Procurement, and join a growing and exceptional team.
- Establish and manage the global travel strategy
- Develop, maintain, and administer the Global Travel Policy, allowing for cultural and regional differences with cross functional coordination as needed
- Provide active oversight of the travel management companies including all operational issues, SLA’s, management reporting, and adherence to policy
- Manage the selection process and negotiations of supplier contracts (i.e., airlines, hotels, car rental, travel assistance, etc.)
- Develop, implement and manage all travel supplier relationships and programs (agency, air, hotel, car rental, and other travel related services) ensuring compliance to service level agreements
- Identify savings opportunities and service enhancements, initiate process improvements and deployment of benchmarking-generated best practices
- Own the design and execution of systems and processes related to travel, including travel management technology and tools
- Benchmark, analyze, monitor, and report on travel expenditures and compliance
- Develop strong internal working relationships with all departments especially Finance, Meetings/Events, Marketing, Sales, Executive Admins, IT and International locations
- Assist employees in resolving travel related issues, policy questions and problems as required
- Develop and maintain content for travel’s intranet site
- Design and develop a travel risk management program, including assistance providers and insurance policies
- Partner with Meetings and Events team to leverage both programs when selecting and procuring Corporate meetings
- B.A./B.S. degree, MBA preferred
- Certified Corporate Travel Executive (CCTE) or Global Travel Professional (GTP) preferred
- Membership with local and/or Global Business Travel Association preferred
- 15+ years of experience in designing, managing and evolving a global corporate travel program, including systems, policies, procedures, and training
- Experience working with a global TMC and providing self-service booking for employees
- Experience in strategic sourcing and negotiations of contracts
- Proven ability to effectively manage supplier relationships
- Exceptional relationship building skills that includes experience working throughout a global organization and across various business units
- Must have analytical, problem solving and change management skills, including risk assessment and ability to interpret and utilize key financial data
- Extremely well organized and detailed oriented with demonstrated follow-up skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience managing meetings and events, and commercial card programs a plus
- Proven Project Management Skills, a plus
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office products
- Technology passionate
- Curiosity Driven
Are you up for the challenge?