Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
The Global Workplace Team’s mission is to create an environment for our high performing teams that allows them to realize their true potential. An environment that promotes speed of information exchange and ideas. A sustainable environment that aligns with our values and leadership. We’re disruptors and innovators, driven to provide a truly outstanding workplace environment, programs and services.
Snowflake has an internship opening in our San Mateo headquarters for an adaptable, proactive and diligent Design/Build Intern with a desire to ensure we provide world-class offices for our employees.
- Support Project Managers with managing the progress of vendors performing construction and design work (General Contractors, specialty vendors, architects, etc.).
- Generate scope of work for minor projects (less than $100K), solicit proposals from multiple vendors for competitive bids, review and normalize proposals, make recommendation and support award and on-boarding the winning bidder, and coordinate the work through completion and close out.
- Perform QA/QC of large capital improvements construction projects throughout the Bay Area on Snowflake’s behalf to minimize schedule delay and future maintenance costs.
- Perform QA/QC on construction documents and plans of record for feasibility and constructability. Perform take-offs on plans. Develop As-Builts of existing facilities for new designs.
- Review RFIs and Submittals to assure they are not altering scope, adding cost/delays, and being promptly answered by the architectural team.
- Gather and sort close-out documents from all vendors to assure Warranties and Owner Manuals are provided
- Review contractor provided As-Builts to ensure they are accurately assembled
- 3rd / 4th year student working towards a Bachelor’s Degree or 5th year Masters student in the following concentrations: Architectural Design, Interior Design, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related fields
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Previous work experience or internships related to the area of expertise
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Experience in a commercial/corporate environment preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and basic knowledge of ADA and building codes
We’re looking for people who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
Are you up for the challenge?