Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Over the last few years, Snowflake has added additional products and features to its portfolio (from data pipelines, cross-region / cloud features to data exchanges) evolving to the leading Cloud Data Platform.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join the SQL team to work on innovative data warehousing related projects. This role is a good fit for someone who is passionate in working on product areas ranging from database features to further evolving Snowflake’s severless product capabilities. The ability to advance Snowflake’s core SQL & DW capabilities is a critical foundational pillar for a modern and performing Cloud Data Platform.
- Define, evolve, and execute on the product vision for SQL projects including evolving our enterprise grade SQL language, extensibility / programmability, database security, serverless performance capabilities and general database performance
- Help driving product capabilities and strategy to ease and automate the end-to-end migration of missing critical SQL workloads (from on-premise or other cloud DW solutions)
- Work in a cross-functional and collaborative role spanning several teams such as product, design, data / product analysts, technical program managers, engineering, marketing / alliances, sales, support, and professional services.
- Manage programs and structure projects to ensure smooth execution of the product roadmap.
- Manage customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers both on-site and in customer offices to understand their needs, gather feedback, and overall ensure that product direction is in tune with customer needs.
- Be a technical, strong and eloquent product advocate for our core foundational data warehouse product with regular presentations and talks at internal and external conferences
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with database, SQL concepts and / or distributed systems
- Experience or desire to obtain knowledge about data privacy, and anonymization
- Ability to design complex database product features hiding complexity while focusing on ease-of-use for the end user
- Strong understanding of competitive (cloud & on-premise) database landscape
- 5+ years working in the data(base) space
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
- 8+ years experience working on cloud and data(base) products
- Experience with database products as a service in public clouds (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience in building serverless cloud services is a major plus
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.