We are actively hiring talented distributed systems developers for our Bellevue Engineering Center. Our office is located next to the transit center in downtown Bellevue, and offers easy access to restaurants, cafes, and fitness centers all within walking distance.
This is a unique opportunity to join other experienced engineers who will form the core of a new distributed systems team in Bellevue. The focus of this team is to build infrastructure components to solve complex problems involving distributed systems, service-oriented architectures, metadata storage, cloud infrastructure, and more.
As a Senior Backend Engineer at Snowflake you will:
- Design and implement complex, distributed platforms for storing data, scaling parallel algorithms, etc.
- Analyze fault-tolerance and high availability issues, performance and scale challenges, and solve them.
- Pinpoint problems, instrument relevant components as needed, and ultimately implement solutions.
- Understand trade-offs between consistency, durability and costs to build solutions which can meet the demands of rapidly growing services.
- Ensure operational readiness of the services and meet the commitments to our customers regarding availability and performance.
Our ideal Senior Backend Engineer will have:
- 5+ years industry experience designing, building and supporting large scale systems in production.
- Experience building large scale distributed fault tolerant services.
- Excellent understanding of low level operating systems concepts including multi-threading, memory management, networking and storage, performance and scale.
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems.
- Systems programming skills including multi-threading, concurrency, etc. Fluency in C++ or Java preferred.
- Track record of identifying and implementing creative solutions.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure - AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- BS in Computer Science; Masters or PhD Preferred.
Why join the Engineering team at Snowflake?
Building new enterprise technologies is complex, and our engineering team surmounts the obstacles. As a member of our team, you will:
- Build an industry-leading Cloud Data Platform that customers love.
- Solve challenging technical problems related to security, parallel and distributed systems, programming, resource management, large-scale system maintenance, and more!
- Experience Implementing multi-tenant systems, with focus on isolation and security.
- Learn about and contribute to:
- Super-robust and secure enterprise SaaS platform that services thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of complex queries daily.
- Highly-scalable and reliable cloud platform that runs on hundreds and thousands of machines.
- Optimizing performance and resource management in Java systems.
- Join a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.