Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Over the last few years, Snowflake has added additional products and features to its portfolio (from data pipelines, cross region / cloud features to data exchanges) evolving to the leading Cloud Data Platform.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to lead our efforts around Snowflake’s underlying cloud infrastructure across all major cloud providers including AWS, Azure, and GCP. In this role, you’ll be working with numerous engineering teams to ensure Snowflake leverages the latest cloud technology - ranging from scalable cloud storage, elastic compute / VMs, to advanced networking and security services. Snowflake’s presence on all major cloud platforms also requires close interaction and collaboration with our cloud partners including AWS, Azure, Google, on a regular cadence.
- Define and evolve the product vision and direction for cloud infrastructure services (blob storage, elastic compute, networking, HSMs, APIs …) fundamental to Snowflake’s unique multi-cluster, shared data architecture
- Execute on platform modernization/investment strategies based on strong understanding of diverse application workloads running on top of Snowflake
- Define, strategize and execute on Snowflake’s multi-cloud, global expansion roadmap across all major cloud platforms including AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Own Snowflake’s VPS (Virtual Private Snowflake - single tenant deployment) and future product direction
- Closely collaborate with a number of technology partners, in particular on joint roadmaps with the three major cloud partners (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Work in a cross functional and collaborative role spanning several teams such as product, design, data / product analysts, technical program managers, engineering, marketing / alliances, sales and support.
- Manage programs and structure projects to ensure smooth execution of the product roadmap.
- Manage customer preview programs and engage in frequent conversations with customers both on site and in customer offices to understand their needs, gather feedback, and overall ensure that product direction is in tune with customer needs.
- Good understanding and desired experience working with core cloud services (examples: S3 / Azure Blob Storage / GCS, EC2, cloud provider load balancer, EBS, PrivateLink, various cloud APIs).
- Experience with numerous deployment strategies and automation for cloud services.
- The ability to understand the breadth of our product line as well as the technical ability to drill into details on owned areas.
- Prior experience defining a product vision and roadmap, and managing incremental execution through successful launches.
- Proven expertise working with, presenting to and managing communications with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally across the company.
- Ability to thrive in the dynamic environment that comes with being part of an innovative startup from its early days. That means flexibility as well as dealing with ambiguity.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a technical role.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field or similar practical experience.
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
- Experience with managing cloud infrastructure powering managed services
- 8+ years experience working on cloud products
- An understanding in the area of data management, Big Data analytics, data warehousing and/or cloud technologies is a major plus.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.