Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
The Technical Trainer for the Snowflake Customer Education and Training Team will be responsible for creating and delivering compelling education contents and training sets that make complex concepts come alive in instructor-led classroom venues. The Technical Trainer will be seen as a subject matter expert and leader in transferring knowledge of Snowflake to customers, partners and internals and in accelerating their technical on-boarding journey. This role will also be responsible for the cross-training efforts, program management and help strategically ramp multiple resources within our external stakeholders.
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to high value and high impact delivery at a very exciting time for the company. Snowflake is an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company in a large and growing market. If you are an energetic, self-managed professional with experience teaching data courses to customers and possess excellent presentation and communication skills, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Technical Trainer at Snowflake, you will:
- Teach a breadth of technical courses to onboard customers and partners to Snowflake, the data warehouse built for the Cloud.
- Cross-train a breadth of technical courses to qualified individuals and resources.
- The scope of course concepts may include foundational and advanced courses in the discipline which includes Snowflake data warehousing concepts, novel SQL capabilities, data consumption and connectivity interfaces, data integration and ingestion capabilities, database security features, database performance topics, Cloud ecosystem topics and more.
- Apply database and data warehousing industry/domain/technology expertise and experience during training sessions to help customers and partners ease their organizations into the Snowflake data warehouse from prior database environments.
- Deliver contents and cross train on delivery best practices using a variety of presentation formats including engaging lectures, live demonstration, and technical labs.
- Work with customers and partners that are investing in the train the trainer program to certify their selected trainers ensuring they are well prepared and qualified to deliver the course at their organization.
- Strong eye for design, making complex training concepts come alive in a blended educational delivery model.
- Work with the education content developers to help prioritize, create, integrate, and publish training materials and hands-on exercises to Snowflake end users; drive continuous improvement of training performance.
- Work with additional Snowflake subject-matter-experts in creating new education materials and updates to keep pace with Snowflake product updates.
Our ideal Technical Trainer will have:
- Strong data warehouse and data-serving platform background.
- Recent experience with using SQL including potentially in complex workloads.
- 5-10 years of experience in technical content training development and delivery.
- Strong desire and ability to teach and train.
- Prior experience with other databases (e.g. Oracle, IBM Netezza, Teradata, …)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Innovative and assertive, with the ability to pick up new technologies.
- Presence: enthusiastic and high energy, but also poised, confident and extremely professional.
- Track record of delivering results in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Experience working cross functionally, ideally with solution architects, technical writers, and support.
- Strong sense of ownership and high attention to detail.
- Candidates with degrees from fields such as Computer Science or Management Information Systems.
- Comfortable with travel up to 75% of the time
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience with creating and delivering training programs to mass audiences.
- Experience with other databases (e.g. Teradata, Netezza, Oracle, Redshift, …)
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, …).
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, …).
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, …).
- Experience with ETL pipelines tools.
- Experience using AWS and Microsoft services.
- Participated in Train the Trainer programs
- Proven success at enterprise software startups.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.