Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
The Technical Account Manager will be a single point of contact for priority response and escalation management and will take proactive ownership of critical issues, helping drive issues to resolution.
This role is a unique opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to high visibility, high impact projects at a very exciting time for the company. Snowflake is an innovative, high-growth, customer-focused company in a large and growing market. If you are an energetic, self-managed professional with experience managing complex customer communities and possess excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Technical Account Manager at Snowflake, you will:
- Lead technical pieces of client data warehouse implementations and on-boarding efforts.
- Develop project plans, manage deliverables/milestones, deliver weekly statuses and pro-actively identify and mitigate issues/risks.
- Help clients troubleshoot the implementation of the product within their systems.
- Identify, document, triage and track issues to ensure resolution.
- Work with Product Management and Support as necessary when a scoped implementation or product feature can not be implemented or does not meet the client’s needs.
- Work collaboratively and cohesively with Sales, Product, Engineering and other cross functional teams to deliver on time implementations.
- Play an active role contributing to the growth and scalability of the Customer Success team through robust documentation, continuous process optimization, and capability cross-training.
- Apply industry/domain/technology expertise to client implementations.
- Gather intelligent product feedback and recommendations from customers to design and inform new features and capabilities.
Our ideal Technical Account Manager will have:
- Looking for candidates with 7+ years of experience in a customer facing technical role.
- Strong database and data warehouse experience, including recent experience writing complex SQL queries.
- Presence: enthusiastic and high energy, but also poised, confident and extremely professional.
- Innovative and assertive, with the ability to pick up new technologies and assess situations quickly.
- Exercises listening, takes time to truly understand client needs and address them.
- Track record of delivering results in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Experience working cross functionally, ideally with Success, Engineering and Product.
- Strong sense of ownership and high attention to detail.
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet stated quality objectives.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, HBase, ...)
- Familiarity and experience with common BI and data exploration tools (e.g. Microstrategy, Business Objects, Tableau, ...)
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, …)
- Experience implementing ETL pipelines using custom and packaged tools.
- Experience using AWS services such as S3, Kinesis, Elastic MapReduce, Data Pipeline.
- Proven success at enterprise software startups.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.