We are looking for a world-class technical Solutions Consultant to be part of a team that is responsible for the technical deployments of Snowflake at our customers.
The SC will work directly with customers and with customer system integrators to deploy Snowflake. This person must be a self-starter and used to a fast-paced, fun, energetic environment and comfortable with dealing with ambiguity.
This person must also have a passion to solve unique world-changing technology problems. The Solutions Consultant will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to make Snowflake’s customers successful.
This person will have a broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, etc. He/she will have the insight to make the connection between a customer’s specific business problems and Snowflake’s solution, the customer-facing skills to communicate that connection and vision to a variety of technical and business audiences, and the technical skills to be able to provide consultative hands-on assistance with Snowflake configuration.
The person we’re looking for shares our passion for reinventing the data platform and thrives in the dynamic environment. That means having the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get done what needs to be done to make Snowflake and our customers successful. It means keeping up to date on the ever-evolving technologies for data and analytics in order to be an authoritative resource for Snowflake, System Integrators and customers. And it means working collaboratively with a broad range of people both inside and outside the company.
As a Solutions Consultant at Snowflake, you will:
- Be a technical expert on all aspects of Snowflake configuration
- Configure Snowflake following best practices, including ensuring knowledge transfer so that customers are properly enabled and are able to extend the capabilities of Snowflake on their own
- Work hands-on with customers and/or System Integrator consultants to demonstrate and communicate implementation best practices on Snowflake technology
- Maintain understanding of complementary technologies and vendors
- Provide guidance on how to resolve customer-specific Snowflake related technical challenges
- Collaborate with other members of the Professional Services team to continuously improve Snowflake’s skills, experience and offerings
- Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing to continuously improve Snowflake’s products and marketing.
Our ideal Solutions Consultant will have:
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience working with customers in a pre-sales or post-sales technical role focusing on data warehouse and/or data analytics related solutions
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- Strong skills presenting to both technical and business audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Understanding of complete data analytics ecosystem and workflow, from ETL/ELT to data platform design to BI and analytics tools
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with data modeling
- Extensive hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics
- Experience with cloud database technology (e.g. Redshift, Azure Data Warehouse, BigQuery)
- Experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, Vertica)
- Software development experience with C/C++ or Java. Scripting experience with Python and Bash
- Ability and flexibility to travel to work with customers on-site 60% of the time
Bonus Points for Having
- Experience with migrating data from one database technology to another
- Experience with non-relational platforms and tools for large-scale data processing (e.g. Hadoop, MongoDB, Spark, HBase, Databricks)
- Experience with common BI/Analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Qlik, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
- Experience with large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms and services (Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with integrating and/or implementing ETL/Data Loading tools (e.g. Informatica, Attunity, Kafka, Talend, SnapLogic, Matillion, FiveTran, Apache Airflow)
- Experience with integrating with Access Management providers (e.g. Okta, Auth0, Active Directory, etc.)
- Proven success at enterprise software
Why join our Professional Services team at Snowflake:
- Unique opportunity to work on a truly disruptive software product
- Get unique, hands-on experience with bleeding edge data warehouse technology
- Develop, lead and execute an industry-changing initiative
- Learn from the best! Join a dedicated, experienced team of professionals.