Founded by industry experts and backed by strategic investors, our disruptive built-for-the-cloud architecture was designed to push the limitations of conventional data warehousing. Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.
Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
We are looking for a Sales Engineer in Greater London who is accustomed to solving customer’s most complex problems and closing large, strategic deals. In this role you will work directly with the Major sales team and channel partners, understanding the needs of our customers, strategise on how to navigate winning sales cycles, provide compelling value-based demonstrations, support enterprise Proof of Concepts, and ultimately close business.
As a Snowflake Sales Engineer you must share our passion about reinventing the Data Warehousing space, thrive in a dynamic environment and have the flexibility and willingness to jump in and get things done. You are equally comfortable in both a business and technical context, interacting with executives and talking shop with technical audiences.
In this role you will:
- Deliver subject matter excellence by fully owning the technical win, including the wider partner ecosystem, and be the expert in key areas that drives Snowflake adoption
- Consistently deliver value-based presentations, demonstrations and proof of concepts (POC) in support of sales cycles, with delivery of simple and compelling messages
- Be a world class solution seller by commanding the room, using customer and personal experiences, having a passion and enthusiasm for Snowflake.
- Be confident in presentation skills and exchanges at all levels, particularly senior leadership and C-Suite and provide clear and concise answers with right level of technical detail and elegantly handle objections.
- Have detailed knowledge of the competitor landscape and partner ecosystem and have an ability to successfully compete.
- Help build the team by proactively sharing content successfully leveraged in customer pursuits, strategic initiatives with demonstrable artifacts, mentor fellow SE’s and work with other department such as Product Marketing, engineering, etc.
- Work effectively work with implementation (internal and external) and support teams to ensure customers use start getting value from Snowflake as quickly as possible.
On day one we will expect you to have:
- 5 - 10 years of industry experience with a minimum of 3 within a pre-sales environment
- Outstanding presenting skills to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos.
- Broad range of experience within large-scale database and/or data warehouse technology, ETL, analytics and cloud technologies
- Ability to connect a customer’s specific business problems and Snowflake’s solutions
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience preferred
- Fluency in English language
About Our Team:
Our Sales Engineers are customer obsessed and we believe in the value we can add and stay honest about it. We love to learn, are open to giving and receiving feedback and are passionate about making our clients successful. Our team works to ensure data is accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
Are you up for the challenge?
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.