Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
To support our continued growth we are looking for a Senior Manager to join our Sales Business Operations team to lead Sales Operations including GTM strategic planning, territory operations, market expansion planning, sales capacity planning and resource allocation within APAC and Japan.
In this role you will lead a team charged with leading the sales operations team and supporting sales leaders goals with the quantitative and qualitative analyses needed to inform executive decision making and scale our sales organization. You will also ensure that the day-to-day deal operations such as pricing and approvals are managed effectively and inline with HQ policy. You will apply subject matter expertise, learned knowledge of Snowflake, and practitioner frameworks to drive strategy analytics, organization and process design efforts such as territory planning, sales resource planning, GTM and customer segmentation and organizational design. Reporting to the Director of International Sales Operations and working closely with Sales Leadership, Finance, Marketing, Product Management, Legal, HR and Sales Operations, this role is highly visible and an excellent opportunity for growth.
- Lead, motivate and manage the APAC sales operations team, providing in region support to our APAC and Japan sales organizations
- Provide recommendations on market expansion, including country coverage and local presence, based on a combination of market opportunity, customer demand, and local market environmental considerations
- Own the regional market expansion operating rhythm to ensure key stakeholders such as legal, HR/recruiting, marketing, finance are aligned for execution
- Help drive the APAC and Japan GTM strategy and planning process by providing analyses, insights and recommendations aligned to Snowflake’s annual and quarterly planning and performance review cycle
- Manage the APAC and Japan annual hiring plan for all sales reps, sales managers and sales engineers.
- Work cross-functionally with finance to provide visibility to executive leadership on sales performance metrics
- Own and manage our territory operations processes, including but not limited to: account list distributions, account transfers, territory mapping and data infrastructure
- Lead and drive ad hoc projects to streamline and automate key sales operations activities to enable operations at scale
- Be the expert on Snowflake’s sales process. Provide training and leadership regarding executing Snowflake’s sales process and methodology, supporting new hire sales reps as well as tenured reps in their ability to navigate closing deals with Snowflake
- Partner with marketing, especially marketing ops and demand gen, to ensure alignment on lead acquisition and marketing initiatives with sales strategy
- Run Sales forecasting process based on input from sales leaders, team forecasts and other sources
- Partner with the Sales organization and become a trusted advisor for the deal construct and negotiation process of complex transactions.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in the enterprise technology industry; including leadership of teams/people management
- Experience of working in the APAC region, especially Australia and Japan
- Prior experience in strategic planning, sales operations, finance, business analytics and/or sales management
- Experience with the overall sales planning process or an end to end owner of a particular aspect of the sales planning process
- Knowledge of SaaS business models and B2B channel structures
- Ability to synthesize large data sets and applying analytic frameworks for insights
- Proven ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations
- Very strong executive presence and engagement skills
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Ability to influence at all levels, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Bachelor degree in business, statistics, economics, or other quantitative disciplines, MBA preferred
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.