Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
We are looking for an experienced, creative and pragmatic problem solver like yourself to serve as Senior Commercial Counsel reporting to a Director of Legal in a growing, world-class legal team.You have the experience working with cross-functional teams to help scale Snowflake’s growing business. You thrive in negotiating agreements and driving projects, including the creation and management of new programs, templates and business models.
As Senior Commercial Counsel, you will:
- Work closely with the Sales teams on transactions that drive the company’s revenue
- Structure, negotiate, and close transactional agreements with a focus on outbound global agreements with enterprise customers, such as master SaaS agreements, enterprise purchasing agreements, support agreements, data privacy agreements, and evaluation agreements
- Provide sound advice and guidance on legal and business-related issues to senior business leaders
- Work well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Develop and deliver training on legal issues and contract processes
- Support continuous improvements of forms, policies and processes to help streamline, simplify and automate the contracting processes
Our ideal Senior Counsel will have:
- 7+ years of commercial legal experience, preferably in-house with a successful, high-growth enterprise SaaS company
- Excellent negotiation skills with large enterprise companies
- Strong experience scaling sales and legal processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Knowledge of worldwide data privacy regulations
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- The ability to think and execute both strategically and tactically
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- The ability to work with a wide variety of people, at all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment
- Service-oriented, professional and strong integrity
- Occasional Travel required
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.