Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
As Facility Security Officer, you will:
- Develop, manage and conduct internal operations in order to meet the National Industrial Security Program guidelines for attaining and maintaining a facility clearance.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive security Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain all security documentation and files in accordance with DSS requirements.
- Ensure all COMSEC material is controlled and accounted for in accordance with requirements.
- Maintain cognizance and oversight of all classified contracts.
- Administrate personnel security clearance processes to include coordinating initial clearance submissions and periodic reinvestigations of staff, providing guidance and instruction to staff to ensure completion of security paperwork, providing and documenting new employee security briefings, exit interviews and debriefing
- Manage the information systems security program, document control, visit requests and physical security.
- Maintain a working relationship with DSS or other Federal Agencies and each contract's security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances or suitability determinations.
- Be responsible for the Insider Threat program and as such, serve as a member of the Company’s Insider Threat Committee.
- Investigate and report security violations and incidents.
- Develop and deliver required security awareness training courses for all cleared professionals.
- Establish and implement policies and processes around IT management and compliance, personnel clearances, and shared services between internal organizations
- Apply business-minded and risk-managed solutions to security issues and business challenges, and communicate observations and recommendations to leadership and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with DCSA, DoD and prime contractor representatives.
- Partner with business leaders to facilitate important outcomes (e.g. shared service requirements, clearance-related questions, etc.) in the government space.
- Interpret government policies for the development and implementation of security plans and procedures.
- Create and update security plans, procedures, and instructions.
Our ideal Facility Security Officer will have:
- Bachelor’s degree is required in addition to at least five (5+) years of work experience. A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an FSO.
- Strong working knowledge of National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD personnel and information security regulations, information systems security program requirements, and other related Federal security laws, directives and regulations is required.
- Knowledge of DoD and Federal Agencies' controlled unclassified information (CUI)/sensitive information security requirements, and in particular DFAR 252.204-7012, is required.
- Completion of FSO certification-related courses and training is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NISP physical security requirements in order to obtain and maintain classified safeguarding programs at various company locations, to include SCIF construction/accreditation and maintenance.
- Must possess expert knowledge of Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), e-FCL, ISFD, ACAVS, and other security systems.
- Demonstrable experience developing and delivering training programs.
- Must possess the ability to independently develop new programs, with supporting Plans and Manuals.
- Exceptional organizational, project management, and prioritization skills
- The ability to think and execute both strategically and tactically
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- The ability to work with a wide variety of people, at all levels in the organization, in a fast-paced environment
- Service-oriented, professional and strong integrity
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Travel is required both by air and driving is an essential function of this position. The FSO will be required to respond to after-hours alarms as necessary.
We’re looking for people who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
Are you up for the challenge?