Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to help build the next generation of Metadata Libraries that will serve as part of the infrastructure for Snowflake’s rapidly evolving Data Warehouse. These high-performance fault-tolerant libraries will help us abstract and manage Metadata in a way that will unlock new productivity and scale for our system.
As a Senior Software Engineer on this team, you will:
- Design and implement critical high performance libraries to handle the ever growing metadata needs for the product, while seeking opportunities to develop horizontal technologies that benefit multiple teams
- Evangelize best practices in library usage and end-to-end architecture
- Participate in the design and implementation of next generation systems
- Provide detailed and constructive design and code reviews
An Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 5+ years of relevant industry development experience
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Ability to work effectively both autonomously and in teams
- Strong technical problem solving, communication, and collaboration skills
- Excellent object-oriented development skills
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model
- Experience with applying and creating strong software abstractions
- Experience with large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures
- Excitement by the challenge of hard technical problems
- Intense curiosity and willingness to question
- Experience with AWS or other Cloud offerings
- Experience with Java (or C# will work)
- Caching and in-memory database technologies
- Asynchronous/Multi-threaded Programming Patterns
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.