Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to led the projects to improve our billing engine. To be successful in the role, the candidate needs to have significant experience in data engineering, software engineering (in Java), and domain expertise in building payment or financial systems
As a Software Engineer in Data Infrastructure, you will:
- Drive projects from idea formulation, to design, and to implementation.
- Build a reliable, scalable, and near real-time central data repository for Snowflake leveraging Snowflake technologies.
- Build insights and intelligence on top of our central data repository.
- Collaborate with product managers, data science organizations, business groups, and other engineering teams to build services and analytics with high quality.
- Identify the improvements in our data models and services, functional gaps, and design and build the solutions.
Our ideal candidate will have many of the following experiences.
- 10+ years of software development experience in the combination of distributed systems, and payment or financial systems.
- Experience in handling large amount of data and real-time event streaming.
- Extensive and strong development experience in Java and SQL.
- Strong data modeling skills.
- Strong skills in diagnosing issues in a highly distributed environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge in Salesforce and Workday is a plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related majors, or equivalent experience.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.