Our teams breed ambition, challenge ordinary thinking, push the pace of innovation, in-service of the exploding demand for accessible data.Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
As our Senior Revenue Recognition Analyst, you will play a key role in reviewing draft and fully executed contracts, as well as help determine treatment or proposal, The ideal candidate must be able to interpret, present, and explain complex accounting issues to various internal business partners and external auditors, and be able to develop and manage processes and controls. Additional activities may include helping revenue operation team with month-end close assignments and participating in finance projects.
- Review sales contracts and assist on deal negotiation, ensure sales contracts are in compliance with corporate policies, procedures and revenue implications under ASC 606
- Work actively with our internal customers (FP&A, Billing, Credit & Collections, Sales Operations, Legal, Core Accounting, and others) to ensure that all revenue-impacting activities of the company are identified, assessed for revenue recognition conclusions and handled appropriately by as efficient of processes as possible.
- Prepare the revenue accounting position memo and journal entries for non-standard deal structures as needed
- Perform month-end close activities including preparation of journal entries, revenue accruals, account reconciliations
- Assist in performing periodic analysis of stand-alone selling prices for existing and new products
- Coordinate the preparation of schedules and reports in support of external audit
- Participate in special projects, such as system enhancements or ad hoc analyses as assigned
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for revenue policies, procedures and controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance, CPA and Big 4 Audit experience is a plus
- 5+ years of overall experience in accounting, including 3+ years in revenue accounting with global public / private company
- ASC606 Technical revenue recognition experience required
- Experience in Software, SaaS or technology industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player
- Able to multi-task and prioritize in fast-paced environment
- Exceptional project and time management skills
- Must have Advanced Excel skills
- Experience working with Workday Financials and related modules a plus
We’re looking for people who share our passion for ground-breaking technology and want to create a lasting future for you and Snowflake.
Are you up for the challenge?