This Technical Curriculum Developer role will be responsible for designing and developing quality certification and modular content for both internal and external audiences. This role is focused on curriculum design, development and program management, and up to 3 weeks per quarter of classroom training delivery. This role will play a pivotal part in the overall enablement strategy at Snowflake creating processes for content creation and distribution.
As a Technical Curriculum Developer you will
- Design and develop, innovative learning solutions applying adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to create content that fits the needs of the learner (includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning content).
- Lead the creation and distribution of technical courseware at Snowflake; including developing exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies, and multimedia-based assets.
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the needs of our partners, customers and employees.
- Design and develop aesthetically superb technical diagrams and content templates adhering to the highest standards of branding and quality.
- Translate complex technical concepts and components into accurate and impactful visual aids.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in curriculum design/development.
- 3-5 + years of experience in programming, systems architecture, or database systems.
- 5 or more years of experience designing and developing instructional materials for technical audiences
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and the ability to incorporate them into the curriculum.
- Professional experience using e-learning software (Articulate, Captivate, or similar), Cornerstone LMS (or similar).
- Experienced using video editing tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Camtasia or similar)
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of e-learning and video editing tools, such as Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, After Effects,, virtual instructor-led training tools, and social learning tools.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. This includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write, design, develop and manage technical IT (information technology) content projects.
- 4+ years of experience in curriculum design and development.
- Experience designing and developing content for technical certifications
- A demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- 1-5 years of software programming experience
- 2 or more years of experience creating assessments to measure learner competencies
- Experience leading large projects that include various departments.