Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premise and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
About the role
The Account Executive - SLED is responsible for developing business and closing sales opportunities within State & Local Government and K-20 Education, working with Government stakeholders, and building client and partner relationships within a multi-state region. Previous SLED sales experience or direct government experience and knowledge of government procurement is preferred. People who excel at this job have the ability to develop relationships with key leaders within and across all branches of State government, develop requirements with agencies that reflect Snowflake’s unique capabilities and align to administration goals. The Account Executive must have the confidence and ability to present to executive-level government leadership.
We are looking for someone who:
- 5+ years of field sales experience preferred with an emphasis on database (SQL & NoSQL), ETL, or business intelligence.
- 5+ year’s experience in a SLED Account Executive (or equivalent) role within the SaaS or related industry
- Proven ability to independently manage, develop, and close new client relationships.
- Experience hitting quota of $1M+ of ARR per year and experience on averaging 8+ face to face meetings per week.
- A track record of success in driving consistent activity, pipeline development and quota achievement.
- Experience determining customer requirements and presenting appropriate solutions
- Proactive, independent thinker with high energy/positive attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and relationship management skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced startup environment
- BA/BS required
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and positive attitude with a passion for building customer relationships and closing new business opportunities.
- The Sales Directors must have the confidence and ability to negotiate and close agreements with Clients and support new customers through our on-boarding process.
- You are driven to exceed performance objectives.
- You are excited about being positioned right in the middle of the exploding cloud based economy and to develop and maintain a highly desired knowledge of Snowflakes solutions. Understanding of the Cloud application/computing space along with familiarity with data warehouse or analytic technologies
- You are familiar with solution-based approach to selling, have experience managing a complex sales process and possess excellent presentation and listening skills, organization and contact management capabilities.
- Experience selling software or cloud based applications to the Enterprise is desired