Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
Your responsibilities are to ensure that the day-to-day operations of the department are running smoothly. In addition, you will also be involved in developing and documenting payroll processes and internal controls to ensure their scalability and continuing effectiveness amid all the changes that the Company has been undergoing. In addition, you will also work on various projects such as new system implementations, key compliance audits, and equity transaction reporting. This is the perfect opportunity for someone like yourself who is self-sufficient, possesses a keen attention to detail, and has unwavering desire for continuous personal development.
What you'll do:
- Full-cycle processing of US payroll on a bi-weekly basis for 1,200+ employees working in over 30 states while incorporating payroll data from multiple internal departments and external benefit vendors. This includes delivering off-cycle/ad hoc payments as needed.
- Working closely with other functional teams (e.g. People Operations, Benefits, Recruiting) to ensure that processes and roles are aligned in order to support the rapid growth of the Company.
- Recognizing opportunities and recommending scalable processes to enhance payroll operational efficiency while maintaining accuracy. This also involves assisting with the design and implementation of internal control measures to ensure proper payment authorizations and segregation of duties are observed.
- Providing excellent payroll support to all employees and cross-functional teams by addressing inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- Assisting with international payroll processing including coordinating the work of international payroll partners as well as possibly bringing the function in-house in the near future.
- Assisting with payroll compliance matters such as multi-state/multi-jurisdiction tax withholding, garnishments, and key annual audits (e.g. 401(k) audit, worker’s compensation, external financial audit)
- Providing standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Benefits, and People Operations.
- Creating and/or maintaining payroll documentation as it relates to processing, operational procedures, compliance, and other payroll-related matters.
- Providing support in various system implementation projects as needed (e.g. HCM, equity tracking, etc.)
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting; CPA and/or CPP preferred but not required
- At least 3 years of relevant and progressive payroll experience; public company payroll experience preferred
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow preferred but not required; Workday HCM experience a plus
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Highly proficient in utilizing various computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Google Suite apps (e.g. Google Sheets)
- Basic understanding of accounting, taxation, and finance concepts as it relates to payroll
- Adaptable to a fast changing work environment; able to deliver accurate and on-time payroll regardless of the circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.