As part of Snowflake’s phenominal growth, we are expanding our legal department to help us scale. We are looking to add an experienced Senior Legal Counsel with responsibility for the APAC region, based in Sydney (333 George St, Sydney).
The Senior Legal Counsel will be a key business partner to all Snowflake teams in APAC. This individual must be comfortable giving strategic, creative, and business-savvy legal advice and must independently own matters while operating under the general management and direction of Snowflake’s EMEA and APAC Legal Director (in London). This individual must be comfortable interacting with leadership and the broad employee base and should embrace projects big and small.
The Senior Legal Counsel will be responsible for a wide and complex array of matters in the context of a high growth, dynamic, international operation. The emphasis will be on supporting various aspects of Snowflake’s pioneering cloud data services business across the APAC region. He or she will support Sales, Services and Support, Professional Services, Marketing, IT, Business Operations, Human Resources and Finance across the region.
As Senior Legal Counsel APAC you will:
- Negotiate commercial agreements, including master services agreements, data processing agreements, evaluation agreements, non-disclosure agreements and other technology agreements with a rapidly expanding base of customers, corporate partners and vendors.
- Be responsible for foreseeing and protecting the company against legal risks arising under existing and evolving laws and regulations, including data protection law, employment, and other relevant laws.
- Help shape APAC business practices by addressing opportunities for contract and process improvements – both globally and on a local basis.
- Manage localization of forms and non-standard contract provisions.
- Work closely with the APAC Marketing team and serve as the primary contact for providing legal support for marketing activities in APAC.
- Provide legal support to the HR team on APAC employment matters.
- Provide education and training to APAC staff.
Our ideal Senior Legal Counsel will have:
- Law degree from an accredited law school and admitted to practice law in leading global jurisdiction.
- Minimum of 7 years’ international legal experience, with emphasis in the following areas: commercial drafting and negotiation; data protection, intellectual property; employment.
- Strong international experience in global technology sector, with emphasis in cloud / SaaS.
- Experience in operating in an international environment, with the ability to negotiate and draft in English and ideally one other language.
- Must be able to quickly identify issues, communicate to management, and recommend solutions.
- Ability to act as a strong legal advocate within and outside of the company.
- Occasional travel required – within APAC region and to California HQ