Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
Snowflake continues to experience exponential growth and we are expanding our marketing team to help us scale. We need a Field Marketing Manager to help execute and accelerate Snowflake’s expansion strategy. You will report to the Chief Marketing Officer, and work closely with Sales, Product Marketing, Partner Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing and PR to envision and create high-quality events. In essence, you will manage and deliver the “first impression” of Snowflake at important lead generation events and industry forums. You’ll also work with Snowflake sales through our nurture / lead lifecycle to expand our digital footprint. If you're passionate about creating and managing stellar marketing events, and want to work for a truly innovative company, this is an opportunity for you!
As a Field Marketing Manager at Snowflake you will:
- Support Snowflake’s demand generation and sales goals through campaigns, regional field and industry events.
- Ownership of strategic industry events, including all supporting deliverables.
- “The Entire Experience” - Room drops, Appointment setting, VIP dinners, Breakout sessions, Lead swap / partner opportunities, etc.
- Research, plan and maintain the Snowflake online and internal calendar of events including industry conferences, seminars and regional field events.
- Manage and maintain the Field and Events budget.
- Set goals and define metrics for each event including targeted lead flow.
- Own and drive logistics and execution of events, from helping shape event themes to identifying and working with Snowflake sales, outside vendors. This is real “soup-to-nuts” project management, while seeing through the success of each event.
- Represent Snowflake to counterparts at partners, vendors, and outside vendors.
- Post-event success measurement and follow up with sale.
- Manage staffing at all events including assigning roles and responsibilities.
- Manage internal field and events communication between sales and marketing.
- Help define and implement digital footprint for field, including nurture and funnel progression.
- Online events / Webinar program management.
Our ideal Field Marketing Manager will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel frequently as needed to support in person events, up to 50% travel.
- 5+ years of experience in field marketing, events or trade shows.
- Strong project management, time management, and execution skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or similar field.
- High proficiency with office productivity applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Apps)
- Experience with Salesforce and with Marketo.
- Industry experience with events in the enterprise software, or hardware market.
- Experience supporting enterprise sales teams through a variety of targeted events.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
- Proven success at enterprise / cloud software startups focused on data management and analytics.
- Demonstrates creative spark as expressed in ideas for messaging, creative design, etc.
Snowflake Computing, the cloud data warehousing company, has reinvented the data warehouse for the cloud and today’s data. The Snowflake Elastic Data Warehouse is built from the cloud up with a patent-pending new architecture that delivers the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms and the elasticity of the cloud – at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake can be found online at snowflake.net.