Snowflake is seeking a Global Sales Planning Director to join our Sales Business Operations team to lead market expansion planning, capacity planning, territory operations and contribute to global GTM strategic planning.
In this role you will lead a team charged with structuring and executing the quantitative and qualitative analyses needed to inform sales leadership and company executive decision making in order to scale our sales organization and geographic reach to meet our rapid growth objectives.
You will apply enterprise software GTM subject matter expertise, learned knowledge of Snowflake, and practitioner frameworks to drive key GTM strategy analytics, organization and process design efforts such as market/opportunity analysis, territory planning, sales resource planning, GTM and customer segmentation and field team design.
You will also partner closely with our Product Management Team to influence and align Snowflake’s deployment expansion roadmap with our sales expansion strategy.
In this role you will get to:
- Develop a data-driven Global Expansion Roadmap which aligns cross-functional execution towards Snowflake’s revenue goals
- Support the market expansion operating rhythm to ensure key stakeholders such as legal, HR/recruiting, marketing, finance are aligned for execution
- Structure and perform regular sales capacity planning analysis across Snowflake’s geographies and sales segments to inform ongoing sales hiring decisions and resource allocation to maximize growth potential
- Lead territory operations across geographies, including structuring sales territories, prioritizing target accounts, setting policy for and managing account assignment changes
- Provide support for our GTM strategy and planning process by generating analyses, insights and recommendations aligned to Snowflake’s annual and quarterly planning and performance review cycle
- Own our global annual hiring plan for all sales reps, sales managers and sales engineers within our global GTM organization
- Work cross-functionally with finance to provide visibility to executive leadership on sales hiring metrics such as: time from offer to start, attrition, promotion rates, etc.
- Support ad hoc projects to streamline and automate key sales operations activities to enable operations at scale
On day one we will expect you to have:
- Minimum of 10 years of total professional experience, at least 3 years managing a team
- Prior experience in sales strategy, sales operations, finance, business analytics and/or management consulting with a focus on enterprise software GTM
- Experience with the overall sales planning process or an end to end owner of a particular aspect of the sales planning process
- Knowledge of SaaS business models and B2B channel structures
- Ability to synthesize large data sets and applying analytic frameworks for insights
- Proven ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations and results into easily digestible messages, communications, and executive presentations
- Executive presence and engagement skills
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
- Ability to influence at all levels, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team and be assertive in driving successful management strategies
- Bachelor degree in business, statistics, economics, or other quantitative disciplines, MBA a plus
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.