Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions.
We’re looking for a talented Product Analyst to come aboard. In this role, you will work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to uncover insights about how customers use Snowflake, helping to inform Product’s decision making and focus Engineering efforts. You will also work on long-running analytical initiatives marked by greater complexity and less structure that will yield substantial product enhancements. This is a strategic, high-impact role that will help shape the future of Snowflake products and services.
As a Data Scientist at Snowflake you will:
- Sleuth through large amounts of data to uncover feature-usage patterns, subtle issues with the system, potential performance enhancements, and areas to improve user experience.
- Collaborate closely with Engineers and Product Managers to inform product decision making with data and to identify opportunities to create more value for our customers.
- Build dashboards to help Engineering and Product Managers monitor performance and availability of our system.
- Answer questions from executive team for board reporting, publications, and industry reports.
- Think creatively to find optimal solutions to our complex, often unstructured problems.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- BS/MS in quantitative discipline (Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Engineering, or CS)
- Expert-level experience working with SQL and relational data (3+ years on a regular basis).
- 3+ years of experience with Python, including scikit-learn, numpy, and pandas.
- Experience working with large-scale machine generated data (e.g., log, application, or customer-usage data).
- Hands-on experience with MPP databases, such as Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, Vertica, etc.
- Ability to clearly present learnings to business leaders and technical stakeholders.
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment. That means being flexible and willing to jump in and do whatever it takes to be successful.
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.